• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

St. Ives Fresh Skin Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer

beezyfree

Product: 4.5/5

Packaging: 4/5

Quality: 4/5

Overall: 4/5

Price: $4-$5

Where to buy: Walmart

Would I buy again: Def. YES

What is it: Fresh Skin Facial Moisturizer

What they Say:

"Restore moisture for visibly softer, smoother skin"

Dermatologist Tested, Non-Comedogenic
"This moisturizer, with collagen & elastin proteins, hydrates for visibly softer, smoother skin"

NOT TESTED ON ANIMALS~

What I Say:
This is a awesome cheaper alternative for a lovely face lotion, i usually use Aveeno's Positively Radiant; but its quite pricey for the amount. Fortunately, this St. Ives comes in a 10 oz. tub! so ALOT of product for the price u're paying! And the quality is exactly as it claims, smoother, moisturizing, more LIVELY-er skin! i LOVE it. i will def. start using this product as my face moisturizer before any makeup applications. Its even sensitive enough for your eyes! It wont even dry out Eczema! My boyfriend loves it too, he has Eczema. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Kragey

I've been interested in a cheaper alternative to Aveeno's more expensive (but totally awesome) moisturizers. I guess I'll try this one out! Thanks!

Kragey

Product: 4.5/5
Packaging: 4/5
Overall: 4.5/5
Buy Again?: Yes

I recently picked up a jar of this at my local Rite Aid for about $5.50. That is REALLY low for a facial moisturizing, especially considering the MASSIVE amount of product you get! That can actually be a problem, though, as it comes in a jar and can be a bit unhygienic/dry out. I highly recommend scooping out a certain of product in to a sanitized jar with a clean spoon, then refrigerating the rest. I personally will be sticking my jar in the fridge as soon as I get back to my apartment.

I've used this product for several days now, and while it may seem like I'm jumping the gun reviewing it already, that's usually enough time for me. (If a product doesn't make me break out in a couple of days, it's pretty much a guarantee that it won't break out at all, as I don't have acne prone skin.) And I really, really love it! It moisturizes my face beautifully, especially considering how dry everything except my nose and eyelids are after I take a shower.

The consistency of this product reminds me a bit of hair gel rather than a traditional cream or liquid texture...so it's kind of like it's between a night cream and a daily moisturizer in terms of "intensity." It has a milky color to it. Honestly, when I first opened the jar, the consistency kind of scared me; I hate gel foundations, and I was afraid it would feel all sticky on my face.

The other thing I noticed is the intense smell. I'm very sensitive to smells, but other people have mentioned the scent as well, so I know it's not just me! People claim it's "medicinal," but I know EXACTLY what it smells like: fresh mint leaves that have been crushed. Those of you who have smelt fresh mint leaves being crushed know that it actually doesn't smell like the commercialized "mint" smell.
I don't mind it all that much, but it strikes me as being very strong when it's in the jar, though the scent is rather unnoticeable once you've had the cream on for a minute or two. My sister sniffed it and said she loved the smell.

All "scariness" aside, this product works BEAUTIFULLY. I use a small dab for my neck, chin, and the bottoms of my cheeks, then another small dab for the top half of my face. A dab'll do ya! It feels a bit strange when you first put it on, kind of like you're rubbing hair gel in to your face, but that feeling disappears after a couple of seconds, and then it just leaves you feeling VERY moisturized. Again, I have combination skin, but I feel safe putting this on areas that are normally dry AND oily. It doesn't make my face more oily or shiny, and it really moisturizes the dry parts of my face. My skin sucks it right up, too; I don't have to rub a lot for it to sink in.

The time when I REALLY notice a difference is the next day when I wake up. My skin still looks a wee bit "angry" after I first apply this, considering I've just gotten out of the shower, but in the morning

I currently use this moisturizer as a "night cream" right after I shower, but I wouldn't mind using a small amount prior to applying my make-up; it's light enough for that. The only problem is that this cream doesn't contain SPF, which is a must for me if I'm wearing a daytime moisturizer. However, I can usually compensate by using a foundation with SPF.

Overall, this is a really great product that I will probably buy again, provided my current tub ever runs out.
The tub design is a bit annoying to me, thanks to my OCD cleanness, and the smell IS strong, but the product itself is great, especially for the price.

dazzler143

I have this is Timeless Skin and it's really good. It's very lightweight and moisturizes my skin very well. It doesn't have any spf though but it's good enough to keep the skin hydrated. You just need to apply a sunscreen if you're going out on a day time to protect your skin sun damage.

futurestrength

This comes in a squeezable tube as well, I actually have that version and it's also about 4-5$ here in Canada, so you probably get more bang for you buck in the tub but I guess, yeah the tube is more hygienic. I LOVE this stuff. It makes my face feel so refreshed when I put this on.