Stage Makeup Questions *need answers by tuesday morning*

shadowprincess

Hello everyone.... I have a few questions about stage makeup and i hope that you will be able to help me with them. Thanks in advance!!

1) some of the cast members have some wrinkles on their forehead and some laugh lines... how do i cover that so that it won't be so obvious?

2) how do i "add" wrinkles to make someone look slightly older?

3) how much and where should i put the blush to make someone look drunk?

4) what drugstore brand carries really pale foundation and powder? like really victorian era kinda pale.

5) what drugstore brand has good highlighters?

6) where can i get fake blood or how can i make fake blood that won't stain the skin?

Thanks for all your time!!

aeni

What type of theatre is this? To make it simple - how many people can the theatre seat? Makes a big difference for all your questions (I'd personally stay away from all drugstore brands as they don't carry enough pigment for theatre lighting).

shadowprincess

oh.. sorry.. it's a pretty small production... about maybe 180 seats. lighting isn't very fantastac hence all the shadows .. there are more sidelights than there are front lights... if u get what i mean by that. this lighting makes contour look really dark... decided to go very lightly on that...

i have a very small budget given to me unfortunately.. trust me, i fought hard... i told them drugstore isnt going to cut it.. but no.... i guess i just have to make do with what i do have/can get.

Katja

The only thing that has helped me reduce the appearance of my subtle laugh lines is Lancome's Eye cream. lol I dab a small amount, and it reduces the appearance. But I'm sure you can find a similar product at the drugstore.

eulchen

i found an repipe for theatre blood online but in german so ill try to translate...

make more or less depending on how much you need. dont make too much because it will go off very quick, so shouldnt be storaged but prepared before usage. takes bout 10 minutes.

1/8 l water
ca 3 teaspoons cocoapowder
ca 2 teaspoons (dark) red food colour

heat water and pour into normal glass. add cocoa powder and food colour to darken. stir until everything has dissolved. let cool down, apply.

they used it on a shirt though. dont know if you can use it on skin as well, but maybe worth a try
smiles.gif

Caderas

#2 -- draw a deep line with some liner or a darker foundation and then just blend it out some but not too much so the wrinkles are still visible.

#4 -- my opinion is that physician's formula does a lot of that stuff. they are based on skin stuff and i always see a lot of paler things. especially their translucent powder is great.

#5 -- i know i've been seeing this new product from revlon called diamond ____ or vise versa, but it's just for highlighting. i haven't tried it but heard it's nice for some shimmer. not sure if it's what you want though!

saniyairshad

iagree.gif
with colourful_addiction revlon makes great shimmer powders. physician's formula makes MU for all ages, so that should be to cover the wrinkles etc for old people, milani makes glimmer strips which is supposed to be a great highlighter too.

shadowprincess

thanks to everyone who replied
greengrin.gif
you ladies have been really helpful! will check out all the suggestions.. show starts tonight... *butterflies*

Latest posts