Starting a Nars blush collection

Mardybum

Hi, so I live in Brazil, where there isnt a Nars counter nearby and where Nars blushes cost something like $60 dollars online. This month I am going do London and I intend to buy a couple of Nars blushes and I would love some recommendations. I have light to medium skin (NC25 or FFF), I already have Deep Throat and not really looking for pink blushes. So far I was thinking of getting Douceur and Luster, but I would love to hear some opinions on that. Gina and Exhibit A also look promising, which ones do you think are more work-friendly (in my case hospital-friendly)? Thanks!

Monsy

Madly
Luster
Douceur

also check out these threads
http://www.specktra.net/t/171603/nars-blush-recommendation
http://www.specktra.net/t/164978/my-fave-nars-blushes

Mardybum

Thank you, Monsy! I checked those posts :D
Only created a new one because the pink ones receive a lot of love, but it wasnt really what I was looking for.
I will check out Madly :))

TheLadyDanger

I don't have all/alot of NARS blushes, but the neutral ones I have I'd recommend are:

- Madly
- Lovejoy
- Sin (it isn't pink, but neutral enough IMO)

Good luck!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Amour and Torrid are both really nice, but also work-appropriate shades (they have more colour to them than Deep Throat).

MarieMary

I respectfully disagree about Sex Appeal. ;) In my opinion, it's a great blush shade, but only for people with very light to light skintones (think NW/C05 to NW/C20). It's so soft and pale that it would not show up on skintones darker than NW/C20. It's barely noticeable on karlasugar's arms and she's light. Look at how it looks like on Christine from Temptalia: it's like she's not wearing anything, it's the same color as her skin.

Mardybum

Thank you, girls, so much!
Madly seems to be quite a popular neutral colour, might as well check it out!

Mardybum

Right now I want to buy 5 blushes.
Oh money, where are thou?
Do you girls think Douceur would suit a NC25? One friend told me it probably wouldnt show on my skin, idk, I am searching for a good natural rosybrown blush :(

katred

Specktra Bestie
Right now I want to buy 5 blushes.
Oh money, where are thou?
Do you girls think Douceur would suit a NC25? One friend told me it probably wouldnt show on my skin, idk, I am searching for a good natural rosybrown blush :(
Christine from Temptalia is about an NC25 and it seems to work on her:

http://www.temptalia.com/nars-douceur-blush-review-photos-swatches-fall-2010

Might give you an idea of how it would appear.

Dominique33

I respectfully disagree about Sex Appeal. ;) In my opinion, it's a great blush shade, but only for people with very light to light skintones (think NW/C05 to NW/C20). It's so soft and pale that it would not show up on skintones darker than NW/C20. It's barely noticeable on karlasugar's arms and she's light. Look at how it looks like on Christine from Temptalia: it's like she's not wearing anything, it's the same color as her skin.
No problem lol, yes it's a pale shade but you can build it up very easily. A rosy brown shade well, Douceur of course but it's very soft too !

Monsy

this is douceur on nc20 http://cheekmeout.blogspot.com/2012/07/nars-douceur-blush.html

it is very sheer

MarieMary

No problem lol, yes it's a pale shade but you can build it up very easily. A rosy brown shade well, Douceur of course but it's very soft too !
;) Christine from Temptalia is not shy with blush at all, yet it's virtually invisible on her. :p I agree about Douceur; it's aptly named. :)

Monsy

sex appeal is very light and does not surprise me it's not visible on christine
i think it's for someone nc/nw 20 and lighter

Mardybum

Thank you all again!
I am traveling today, later I'll tell you what I've got!

Douceur looks sheer, but so so beautiful, I think Ill probably end up getting it!
xxx

Shadowy Lady

Hey just in case you read this before shopping, I'm about the same colouring as you just cooler (NW25 or so). My fave Nars blushes are:

- Sin
- Deep Throat
- Madly
- Desire
- Douceur

Mardybum

Thank you! I havent gone to a NARS counter yet, I think I will the day after tomorrow
Sin is making its way into my list!
Madly seems very appealing too, I will look it up. I never give it much attention because I kinda felt it looked too much like Laguna, which I am planning on getting because I dont own any bronzer yet.

Latest posts