starting my neutral collection

banana1234

so, i've got tonnes of colourful eyeshadows, but i wanted a few to start a neutral collection, cos ive seen quite a few looks lately on people like katy perry etc, that use neutrals but are still quite dramatic and defined, i would love.. a good highlight, crease colour and lid colour...

i have smoke and diamonds and club... and that's about as far as it goes

i was looking at
shroom
all that glitters...

i wanted a matte brown really dark for defining the outer v/crease
i was looking at brown down, espresso and brun, and wondered if there were any you guys thought would be a MUST have for starting a good set of neutrals

pleeease help
smiles.gif

Meisje

What's your skin type? Blanc Type might be a good matte neutral if your skin is lighter.

blondie711

I'm a nw20 blonde/blue, I use Vanilla or Brule, with Wedge and Charcoal Brown. Those are all mattes, IMO I can make a pretty defined eye with them.

MizzTropical

Espresso is a neutral must, it's good for the crease, smokey eyes, liner, and brows. I also love All That Glitters so much, it's my #1 neutral, it's just so pretty and it has a nice fine shimmer and smooth texture, it's not actually chunky glitter or frosty like you'd think. You can wear it day or night.
smiles.gif

hello_kitty

I'm NW20, and I love All That Glitters, Naked Lunch, Espresso, Satin Taupe, Shroom, Cork, Omega, Orb, and Woodwinked for neutrals. Expensive Pink is also nice... it's not really pink as the name makes it sound!

Almond_Eyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzTropical
Espresso is a neutral must, it's good for the crease, smokey eyes, liner, and brows. I also love All That Glitters so much, it's my #1 neutral, it's just so pretty and it has a nice fine shimmer and smooth texture, it's not actually chunky glitter or frosty like you'd think. You can wear it day or night.
smiles.gif

Espresso
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_kitty
I'm NW20, and I love All That Glitters, Naked Lunch, Espresso, Satin Taupe, Shroom, Cork, Omega, Orb, and Woodwinked for neutrals. Expensive Pink is also nice... it's not really pink as the name makes it sound!

Satin Taupe
thmbup.gif

Shroom
thmbup.gif

Woodwinked
thmbup.gif

I'm considering buying the rest of those so I can't comment on them yet!

vanilla_addict

espresso, shroom or naked lunch (as highlight), swiss chocolate (lovely mid brown), embark (a great dark brown), and i think carbon is a must have, mmmm what else.. satin taupe or sable as lovely crease colors. blanc type or brule on the light side
greengrin.gif

FiestyFemme

My fave dark brown is Handwritten. It's quite similar to Embark, at least on me, but I like the texture better. It's a Matte2.

banana1234

so i ordered...

all that glitters
shroom
espresso
brun
carbon
wedge
nylon

i also got hepcat, this isnt a neutral, but bright colours are my love and it was calling to me! lol, i'm contemplating contrast, which again is not a neutral, haha so much for my neutral kick!

hello_kitty

Hepcat and Contrast can still be used in pretty "tame" neutral looks... could always do a wash of something like All That Glitters over the lid, and then Hepcat lightly in the crease. I know I've learned that many bright colors can be toned down and used in a more neutral look
smiles.gif

Latest posts