Stila One Step Makeup

coachkitten

Has anyone tried this yet? I couldn't find any reviews on MUA and there were only a handful on Sephora's website.

I am interested to know what people think of it and if it really eliminates the need for a primer and/or concealer. $44 seems steep for a Stila foundation but if it works I am willing to try it.
lol.gif
TIA!
smiles.gif

Veela

I came in to ask that exact question! This product looks so interesting! *Listens*

hairbands4ever

Well, I got it, but unfortunately it was too golden for me so I had to swap it - so I'm not really any help!
ssad.gif
I got it with the Makeup Player (gimmicky, yes, but I had a ~$40 gc and a coupon code to Newport News and they sell it, and I think their clothes are crap for the most part...), which, besides the One Step (which is 1/2 the size), comes with an e/s and pan, Convertible Color, eyeshadow brush, and lip glaze. I did try it on the back of my hand and I loved the texture! Not too thick or thin and spread easily. Seemed like it would have medium coverage.

COBI

I bought and wore it for the first time yesterday, and loved it.

Most recently, I had been using Stila Illuminating Foundation with Stila's Hydrating Primer.

And based on 1 day, I preferred the One Step, so I hope I continue to like it with prolonged use.

For Stila One Step, I have "Tone", and it seems to be a good match. The next shade down also blended in nicely. For Stila Illuminating, I'm 30 watts. For Mac, I'm 20-25 (depending on time of year) and N, C or W (depending on line.) For MUFE HD, I've been matched to 118, 120 and 125 (at different times.)

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
UPDATE

I returned this. I don't have dry skin, but by the end of the day, the foundation would be dried and cracked on my face (not pretty.) After it happened the first day, I tried it for a few more days, trying different products with it. I've never seen anything like the way it looked at the end of the day on me; it was almost scaly.

Too bad, too; I really wanted to like this.

Mabelle

I got this as gratis, and while i can say that this goes on super nicely, it doesnt last all day.
If you're dry at all, i wouldnt recommend it. I had a dry spot on my nose and it showed like crazy.
However, i will say taht for people with normal/oily/red/acne prone skin, it works well. It's oil free (silicone is technically an oil, but not really), its water resistant (water beads on it), its pure minerals and HD (the only one of its kind), had anti againg properties and healing properties. It actually has a healing clay in it that was developed as a part of finding a treatment for flesh eating disease. Doesn;t sound so romantic, but it works. It can help with breakouts and redness.

Like i said, as the end of 6-8 hours i notice it coming off a bit. If you dont mind reapplying a bit, go for it. I really think this is a foundation made for the woman on the go that doesnt want to invest a lot of time and money into her makeup.... someone that wears it for a night out or to the office.

Latest posts