Stila Shadow Duos size issue? Help!

sweetmelissa

Hey everyone. I've gotten my first of the new eye shadow duos in the split pan and GAH! It doesn't fit into my Stila palettes
ssad.gif
I think I recall reading on MUA somewhere that it fits into the individual metal pots they sell now for like $2 but I can't find the thread now-perhaps I imagined the whole thing! Anyway, if anyone owns one of these and also the $2 pot (I don't have any of them) and can try it out for me, I would be eternally grateful.

I know it's only a few dollars, but I don't want to start buying pots to put my shadow duos in unless I know they fit. Tia!!

Shadow

I assumed they would fit in the Stila palletts. What a crock.
angry.gif
I have empty spaces and was going to fill them with the new duos. I'm sorry I can't answer your question because I haven't bought any yet. I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.

redbaronsg

I tried one of my pots after one side of the duo shattered on one side when trying to place it into an empty palette. I first tried to get it into a 3 pan palette (both cardboard and metal) as well as an old 8 pan but no go.

It does fit in the single pots but just barely. I had to press the broken bits back into the pot once I got them in.

For the $20 cost you would think they would fit or at least come in a pot!

sweetmelissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaronsg
I tried one of my pots after one side of the duo shattered on one side when trying to place it into an empty palette. I first tried to get it into a 3 pan palette (both cardboard and metal) as well as an old 8 pan but no go.

It does fit in the single pots but just barely. I had to press the broken bits back into the pot once I got them in.

For the $20 cost you would think they would fit or at least come in a pot!

Thank you! That's great for me to know. I'm so sorry that your duo shattered though
ssad.gif

CantMAKEUPmyMIND

The original run of the duos in fact do not fit into Stila palettes. Stila caught the problem and fixed it so most of the duos will be able to fit into the palettes, it was a production issue. I thought they caught all the offenders so customers wouldn't be affected but apparently not.

I would e-mail Stila to let them know as I think they thought they fixed the problem.

liv

Wow, I'm definitely going to hold off on buying these until stila gets this all sorted out. For $20 those things had better fit in the palettes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetmelissa
Hey everyone. I've gotten my first of the new eye shadow duos in the split pan and GAH! It doesn't fit into my Stila palettes
ssad.gif
I think I recall reading on MUA somewhere that it fits into the individual metal pots they sell now for like $2 but I can't find the thread now-perhaps I imagined the whole thing! Anyway, if anyone owns one of these and also the $2 pot (I don't have any of them) and can try it out for me, I would be eternally grateful.

I know it's only a few dollars, but I don't want to start buying pots to put my shadow duos in unless I know they fit. Tia!!

I got the e/s duo Vieux Carre and I got it to fit in to the $2 pot and mine didn't shatter. It works for me.

silverbelle282

i bought the duo in kajiki (gorGEOUS, btw) right when sephora.com got them, and i had to maneuver and squish so my duo would fit in a pot i bought

liv

Stila now has this disclaimer on their website about the Duos.

"FYI: These duos will not fit in the stila refillable 4, 6, and 8 pan compacts."

There goes their claim of being able to fit double the amount of colors in the 8-pan palettes. I'm not buying these unless they fix this, because it doesn't really go with Stila's philosophy of having palettes.

mustardgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Stila now has this disclaimer on their website about the Duos.

"FYI: These duos will not fit in the stila refillable 4, 6, and 8 pan compacts."

There goes their claim of being able to fit double the amount of colors in the 8-pan palettes. I'm not buying these unless they fix this, because it doesn't really go with Stila's philosophy of having palettes.

That's so lame - I was really looking forward to these but if they don't fit in the compacts and people are having issues putting them in the normal pots, what's the point? :/ I hope they fix this soon.

Love Always Ivy

its great stila is coming out with these great new colors, but the whole line would probably do so much better if we didnt have to buy the pots and palettes on TOP of the amount that you pay for the shadows.

mustardgirl

Just wanted to say that I recently purchased some of the duos today since my Sephora just got them in and I had to do a little maneuvering to get the duos in the $2 pots. Some I had to use a bit of force and it still doesn't lie flat but I haven't shattered any yet (thankfully). I don't own any palettes so didn't try to fit them in there but I thought I would say that if you only buy one duo and one pot in person, try putting in the duo into the pot right away at the store to make sure it will fit. Since I bought several duos and several pots, I could switch which duo into whatever pot I wanted but if you only buy one, you might not be able to make it fit and would have to waste a trip going back to the store to exchange.

Anachronism86

I'm really bummed as well about the way these don't lay flat in the single pots.
I have my duo in a single pot, but I'm relatively sure that if the pot was not magnetic it wouldn't be staying put.
I bought the duo in dragonfly. The color pay off is so poor no matter what I do. Wet, dry, udpp? None makes a real difference for me.
I really wanted a pretty lavender shadow but instead got something that's more like a dirty white.
I wish I could return it, but i've used a good bit of it trying to make the colors work.
Sigh. The rant of a newbie. ;p

iheartcolor

If you purchased it from stilacosmetics.com or sephora (store or website) you should be able to return it, no problem (esp. if you still have the receipt!)

-Lauren

liv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachronism86
I'm really bummed as well about the way these don't lay flat in the single pots.
I have my duo in a single pot, but I'm relatively sure that if the pot was not magnetic it wouldn't be staying put.
I bought the duo in dragonfly. The color pay off is so poor no matter what I do. Wet, dry, udpp? None makes a real difference for me.
I really wanted a pretty lavender shadow but instead got something that's more like a dirty white.
I wish I could return it, but i've used a good bit of it trying to make the colors work.
Sigh. The rant of a newbie. ;p

Try the single shadow Key if you want a lavender. It's beautiful, and nicely pigmented.

I'm not very impressed with the color combos of most of these. I'll be sticking with the singles.

Anachronism86

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv
Try the single shadow Key if you want a lavender. It's beautiful, and nicely pigmented.

I'm not very impressed with the color combos of most of these. I'll be sticking with the singles.

Thanks. I was wondering which lavender to choose. I read reviews on MUA that said the duos contained some of the pre-existing singles colors.
After I had gotten the icky lavender, I didn't really want to take the chance of purchasing the same color in an even larger size.
Unfortunately when I was buying shadows the dragonfly shade wasn't reviewed on MUA.
Well I know now, and thanks again for the input.

Aurynn

I bought the duo in kajiki and I did have to press down onto the second bit before it would stay put in my single pot. It's ridiculous that they sell the duos only in pans if they don't fit in the palettes.

Colour payoff of kajiki is allright, the light shade is less intense than I'd hoped though.

vividdreamer

This SUCKS, and is such a PITA. The purple duo looked really pretty to me, and I even thought it was in a pot (I wasn't paying attention). My friend bought it, and when she opened it up both parts fell out. Luckily she caught them before they hit the ground and shattered, but I can't believe you have to do all kinds of maneuvering to try to get them into a pan--and then risk them not even fitting. I absolutely love Stila, but this really should have been better thought out before they introduced these shadows.

Latest posts