Storing Perfumes

ms.marymac

What's the best way to store a winter fragrance? I have heard some people say they put their perfumes in the fridge...anyone try that?

Chelsea

I just store mine on a bathroom shelf.. I don't think the fridge would help preserve a fragrance

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I keep mine in a cool dry drawer

me too! cool dry drawer away from direct sunlight
greengrin.gif

sophie-au

The problem with storing them in a fridge is that they need to be stored in a cool, DRY place, and most fridges aren't dry enough. It's fine if it's a body splash or eau de cologne which is partly water-based, but for an EDT, EDP or full-strength perfume (or perfume oil) I would not keep them in your average fridge as it would be too moist.

talk2mesun

definitely a cool dry spot like everyone else suggested, such as a drawer or bathroom cabinet. fridges are moisture havens and bathroom counters and other various places may allow sunlight exposure which could evporate some of it. definitely not good! lol
smiles.gif

Ankica

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.marymac
What's the best way to store a winter fragrance? I have heard some people say they put their perfumes in the fridge...anyone try that?

I've been reading a lot about it and in the end, I think it is not good to put them there...

I guess we need to be sure that perfumes are out of heat, out of light and that's it...

During winter, in my room it is so cold - it feels like fridge
greengrin.gif

During next summer, I am buying wooden box to put them inside... that will be enough...

Ankica

Quote:
Originally Posted by talk2mesun
definitely a cool dry spot like everyone else suggested, such as a drawer or bathroom cabinet. fridges are moisture havens and bathroom counters and other various places may allow sunlight exposure which could evporate some of it. definitely not good! lol
smiles.gif

no bathroom!
that is the worst place for perfumes
smiles.gif

it is not cool and it is not dry
greengrin.gif

and the temperature in one day can go from 10 to 25°C!

Latest posts