Strange Question..

Kisbee

I don't know if this counts as a make up question, but I'll give it a go.

I'm in a dance performance with the world's most unattractive costumes (which is beside the point). Because they're all white and sheer, I'm wearing a nude leotard underneath them. I didn't choose the leotard and so it has clear plastic straps which I find more distracting on stage than nude-coloured straps.

Is there anything I can do to take the shine off them? Will powder or foundation work, or am I stuck with glittery shoulders (maybe it will take the audience's attention away from the three leaves hanging off my arse..)?

Katura

Ahhh...I'm a dancer too and know alll too well about those freaky clear straps! haha...and I've had my fair share of FUG costumes...hahaha

Are the straps the kind you can change? because I think finding other straps (they usually sell at a dance supply store or at some dept. stores) would be the best option. If they arent removeable and you have time you can always take those ones off and sew on reglar old elastic and use foundation to pancake them so they arent white.

Goodluck!

Shawna

Just get a fine grain of sandpaper and very gently scratch up the straps. It will take the finish off and should get rid of the shine.

Kisbee

Ooh, two good suggestions...thanks!

I'll have a look for nude straps, and then maybe try the sandpaper..

Latest posts