Strawberrynet still sells fakes!

lucym1

BEWARE! I purchased 2 mac eyeshadows from strawberrynet recently and using the guides on here, they are fake. Please don't buy from there... what a waste of money.
ssad.gif

kittykit

I remember this was discussed some time ago... I'm sorry that you've gotten fake MAC from them. I personally have never purchased from Strawberrynet before. I'd stay away from them when comes to buying MAC online.

Can you get a refund or something?

lucym1

Yeah I read alot of old threads from around 2008 when they took their entire MAC range off the site... since it came back I thought that people had been receiving genuine items from them. I have emailed them about a refund. But they will probably want me to like mail them back to Hong Kong which would probably cancel out me getting my money back. And also I kind of damaged the packaging when I took it out to inspect the tray. But how the hell else was I meant to find out if they were fake? I only wasted $40 and have learnt a lesson for sure! Hope the other things I got from there aren't fake.

vintageroses

Sighh! ): I always get stuff from there like LM & a few perfumes. Maybe i should stop then. I don't wanna get fakes!
ssad.gif

lucym1

Is LM faked ever? Probably just avoid MAC... God... what kind of crappy company sells fakes? sigh

lucym1

I have been sending emails to strawberrynet about the problem. In the end they told me to send them pictures of the products and i could get a refund. I sent them the email and they have not replied. I don't think they actually read the emails because they seem to give the same reply to lots of different people about different problems. Still maintain my recommendation to avoid them.

Marjolaine

My friend bought a MAC lipstick from Strawberrynet and it is fake. I also would suggest everyone to be careful and not to buy MAC items from Strawberrynet. But to be honest I have never seen fake items from other brands like Lancome or Chanel.

panda0410

You have to be careful with their perfumes as well, many are either/or very close to expiry dates
ssad.gif

As for the MAC.... I dont think there's much else to say. I inquired about why they were de-registered from ebay and now have a new account and just never got a response.

kittykit

I've never bought from Strawberrynet before and I don't think I will. I got to know this online shop on Vogue Australian forum many years ago. They do offer good prices but it never came to my mind that I'd buy from them.

marusia

Did you happen to pay with paypal by chance? If so, file a claim. I do that with my suppliers when they ignore me and their story changes instantly. I had to do that on a recent order of $2000 and they were only going to give me part of my money until I told them I was going to file. Trust me, they don't want to get caught selling fakes.

If you paid with credit card, message them again. "Look, I'm trying to settle this amicably but this is your last chance. I told you I wanted a refund for counterfeit products. If this hasn't been resolved in 48 hours I'm calling my cc company and doing a CHARGEBACK." It costs the company like 25 dollars plus it rips all your funds out of their account and gives it back to you. It looks REALLY bad on their credit!

Winthrop44

I've bought a few Chanel products from them and never had a problem except for a blush my skin reacted to and they were very nice about that. I think they will refund you based on the pictures. If you don't get an answer in a few days I'd resend the e-mail with a Read receipt.

lucym1

I paid with paypal. I didn't realise you could complain when it wasn't on ebay for some reason... I don't understand how it works really. Can anyone explain how to file a complaint? Compared to your $2000 this is nothing but it just pisses me off. I'm also extremely suspicious of the Nars cream blush I bought in the same order. It didn't come with a plastic sheet thing over the product and the packaging feels weird. I'm too scared to use it on my face...

marusia

Girl, don't even get me started LOL!

Ok, it's not hard at all. Log into your paypal account. Go to "Resolution Center" at the top. Click on it. Click on orange "Dispute a transaction" button, and follow the steps. It's really easy.

Not only will opening a claim get their attention, but you mark it as a counterfeit, it DEFINITELY will. It can get their account deleted, lose funds, all sorts of stuff. So, you can message them before and give them a 48 hours headsup to see if they can please you before you have no choice but to get nasty so to speak..

Yeah, as a business owner, I've dealt with it more than once. I don't take lightly to people selling fake bull**** products. I also got a box in yesterday from a vendor. I was excited until I opened it. It was all very high end skincare (Yay)...expired and covered in dust! (Not so yay!) I would never intentionally sell anything I wouldn't personally use (and I'm very picky!) I had to open that claim, but he's being nice about it. Still...who the hell tries to sell something like that?!

Anyways, that was my rant LOL, Good luck! If you need any help, feel free to PM me!!

Odette1303

I've bought some Dior and Smashbox stuff, and it all seems ok (at least the Dior lipsticks and mascara that I bought, I've had nothing from Smashbox before, so I can't compare). I'd never dare to buy MAC, because I've heard about them selling fakes some time ago...

But if they as a company are so shameless and continue to sell fakes, even after being caught, that says a lot.
thmbdn.gif
It definitely makes me wonder if there are fakes of other brands. Maybe I've just been lucky (haven't ordered many things), who knows what I might get in the future...
shockt.gif

You should definitely file a claim!

marusia

Here's another big red flag. They don't abide by the WHOIS policy. Every website can be looked up on WHOIS.com for addresses and stuff. They blocked theirs...I've NEVER seen that from a legitimate business. Sure, you can go through proxy (like I do because my business is out of my house)...Don't mind me, it's the inner geek. :p

Odette1303

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucym1
I have been sending emails to strawberrynet about the problem. In the end they told me to send them pictures of the products and i could get a refund. I sent them the email and they have not replied. I don't think they actually read the emails because they seem to give the same reply to lots of different people about different problems. Still maintain my recommendation to avoid them.

Any news? Did you get your money back?

marquise

That's awful, I hope you get it sorted. I've been using Strawberrynet for years and have never received a fake. That said, I have never ordered MAC from them.

I would definitely threaten a chargeback - I had threaten one recently after my emails were being ignored (not with Strawberrynet - another company who I ordered goods from but never received them) and I got a response within half an hour.

vc1079

Ek!! i would just avoid buying MAC from that website then! its not even cheaper! why risk it?!?!

marusia

There are several brands with counterfeits nowadays. Lancome, Chanel, Dior, Smashbox, etc etc etc. Blah! Most aren't noticed because people don't even think about it. Perfumes are being faked a lot too...

Latest posts