Studio Finish Concealer

BlueRose

Hi girls

I want to get the Studio finish spf 35 concealer but I dont know what is perfect for me..my face is pale and yellow lol don't know how to explain but I'm always look like a sick person..anyway can someone tell me what is the different between the NW15 and NC15 ..I dont want something that turns me yellow
ssad.gif

TIA

NW is neutral warm. if your blood vessels look green under your skin, you're warm.

NC is neutral cool. if your blood vessels look blue under your skin, you're cool.

since you said your skin is yellow-ish, i'm guessing you're warm?

BlueRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirrorWhorexD
NW is neutral warm. if your blood vessels look green under your skin, you're warm.

NW is neutral cool. if your blood vessels look blue under your skin, you're cool.

Thank you soooo much for your reply

yeah my skin is white but pale
ssad.gif
so it looks like yellow and you are right green but you wrote NW for both
tong.gif

aeroSOUL

if you wear a foundation that is lighter than nc 35 then it will be wayyy too dark...
if you're skin is in an NC shade, you need a concealer that is AT LEAST 2 shades lighter than your skin, and also i do not recommend you buy a concealer in an NC shadce because they tend to look greyish, i use NW20 studio finish concealer, and my studio fix powder is NC30.
hope this helps!

BlueRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroSOUL
if you wear a foundation that is lighter than nc 35 then it will be wayyy too dark...
if you're skin is in an NC shade, you need a concealer that is AT LEAST 2 shades lighter than your skin, and also i do not recommend you buy a concealer in an NC shadce because they tend to look greyish, i use NW20 studio finish concealer, and my studio fix powder is NC30.
hope this helps!

Thanks alot for your help
yeah I'm wearing foundation lighter than NC35~this shade will be dark for me... but I'm not using foundation from MAC for that I dont know if my skin is NC or NW
okay you mean that the studio finish concealer NC 15 and NW15 both will be too dark?

aeroSOUL

oh, no... the NC35 will be too dark, not the NW15 or NC15.
and NC concealers in studio finish tend to look chalky and grey. I would say you should try the NW15 if you're pale, since that is the lightest shade and it won't look greyish like the NC15 will.

Sanayhs

If you are near a mac, you should get samples of both and try them. My skin is quite pink, and in MAC I'm an NW15 (or lighter...), but I use NC15 for under my eyes. Really, it depends on what you need it for.

BlueRose

Quote:

NW is neutral cool. if your blood vessels look blue under your skin, you're cool.

Can someone correct please
which one has to be NW and NC for the blood vessels coz I want to know the correct info about them
thanks

miss_supra

Quote:
NC is neutralizes cool. If your blood vessels look green under your skin, you're warm.

NW is neutralizes warm. if your blood vessels look blue under your skin, you're cool.

^This is for foundation.

If you have a zit or redness use an NW shade.

If you are trying to correct dark circles that are blueish go for NC shades.

Most people use NW even if they are NC in foundation.

Personally I am NC25, but I use NW20 concealer.

DirtyPlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
^This is for foundation.

If you have a zit or redness use an NW shade.

If you are trying to correct dark circles that are blueish go for NC shades.

Most people use NW even if they are NC in foundation.

Personally I am NC25, but I use NW20 concealer.

No, sorry its the other way round.

If you want to conceal redness, go for NC as you dont want to add more warmth to a warm red spot...

To conceal undereye darkness go for NW to warm up the blueness / neutralise it.

With foundation, you want to match the foundation to your undertones (unless you are very red or very yellow and will therefore use the opposite to neutralise it)

With concealer you want to counteract it. Honestly... VERY few people are NC for undereye concealers.. very few.

You should be at least one number lighter than your foundation. So Miss Supra is NC25 but NW20 for concealer and I am NC40 fndtn and therefore NW35 concealer.

BlueRose

Thanks ladies..umm I'm confused..there are different answers hehe
but I want it for blemishes and cover acne and also I got red spots on cheeks

I went to MAC they told me if you take light shade (NW15) it will show the blemishes!! so you have to use one shade darker!! and I bought NW20 but I want to exchange it now..I dont know I think my foundation will be lighter than the concealer...She confused me now
th_dunno.gif

anyway girls thanks alot for your help

miss_supra

I have always been you use NW for acne and redness because it helps hide it better because it neutralizes warm. Red and pink are warm colors. It doesn't make it look ashy and emphasize the the issue rather than help it.

Those that are NW are cool toned and those that are NC are warm toned. It's really confusing.

aeroSOUL

also, if you have ever tanned before, and you tend to turn orangish, then you use an NC shade. if you get bronze, youre an NW shade.

Latest posts