studio finish skin corrector - new pro product

Tasti_Butterfly

Hey ladies. So last night I saw these on the pro site. Have any of you tried them? Will you be trying them? And I am trying to figure out which is better for my skintone. I won't be getting to opportunity to go to a Pro store so I would have to order these online. Any insight would help. Thanks girls!
smiles.gif

StudioFinishSkinCorrector.jpg

TDoll

Re: stuido finish skin corrector

I haven't seen these. I probably wont try them because it seems like it's serious about being full coverage. None of those colors would probably match my skin tone the way I would want it to anyway. I wish they were available in more colors! I'll just stick to my Studio Finish spf 35 or my MUFE palette.

Tasti_Butterfly

I know, I wish they had more shades available too. But I am so interested to try these lol I am a sucker for new things haha

devin

yeah i saw those last night too. i will probably be getting the light green(to correct red), light peach(dark circles on fair skin), orange(dark circles on deep skin). I will look at the rest when I am Dallas next month.
yes.gif

Tasti_Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin
yeah i saw those last night too. i will probably be getting the light green(to correct red), light peach(dark circles on fair skin), orange(dark circles on deep skin). I will look at the rest when I am Dallas next month.
yes.gif

Awesome girl. Thanks so much for the color references!

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by devin
yes.gif

I didn't see a green in the new products, do you mean the Select Cover Up green or am I missing it somewhere?

Tasti_Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Whore
I didn't see a green in the new products, do you mean the Select Cover Up green or am I missing it somewhere?

I think she means Blonde Ash. The description is a Pale white green.

MrsRjizzle

I got this off make up forever site. But i am sure the descriptions are similer. Casue the certain colors will counter other colors, no matter the brand
  • Neutral Base #0 unifies the complexion and optimizes foundation while making it last longer.
  • Green Base #1 tones down diffuse redness. Ideal for skins with rosacea.
  • Mauve Base #2 lights up muddy and sallow complexions.
  • White Base #3 gives light complexions a porcelain look.
  • Apricot Base #4 revives a tan and illuminates darker skin.
  • Blue Base #5 illuminates fair skin and tones down any slight redness.
  • Yellow Base #6 lightens dark complexions.

Tasti_Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRjizzle
I got this off make up forever site. But i am sure the descriptions are similer. Casue the certain colors will counter other colors, no matter the brand
  • Neutral Base #0 unifies the complexion and optimizes foundation while making it last longer.
  • Green Base #1 tones down diffuse redness. Ideal for skins with rosacea.
  • Mauve Base #2 lights up muddy and sallow complexions.
  • White Base #3 gives light complexions a porcelain look.
  • Apricot Base #4 revives a tan and illuminates darker skin.
  • Blue Base #5 illuminates fair skin and tones down any slight redness.
  • Yellow Base #6 lightens dark complexions.

Thank you for that! I think it will help me pick some shades
smiles.gif

macedout

i would like to get one of these for my dark circles, i am olive skinned w/lots of yellow tones, so i m guessing ochre for me, anyone else agree? input pls
smiles.gif

Shaquille

lol, Tasti you've come to the rescue.. I went to the website yesterday and got interested at this one.. searched on specktra, found nothing..

I am going to Vancouver next month and will see if I can get any of this from the Pro Store.. I have a little discoloration I'd like to cover..

MrsRjizzle

I am going to the pro store this weekend in San Fran. Will definitly let you know what I find out.

Tasti_Butterfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille
lol, Tasti you've come to the rescue.. I went to the website yesterday and got interested at this one.. searched on specktra, found nothing..

I am going to Vancouver next month and will see if I can get any of this from the Pro Store.. I have a little discoloration I'd like to cover..

Hehe I know.. I searched for a thread hoping to find info out
smiles.gif
They seem interesting, can't wait to hear what people say about them.

Quote:
I am going to the pro store this weekend in San Fran. Will definitly let you know what I find out.

OOOooo Thanks. Please let me know what you learn about them
greengrin.gif

MrsRjizzle

The results are in!! Message from MAC artist going over the product
smiles.gif

Thank you for taking the time to email us at MAC PRO Online. I am happy to assist you with our new Studio Finish Skin Corrector.

It is a specially tinted formula offering the traditional full coverage and protection of our skin shades of Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35, while providing long-lasting pro-quality concealing and colour-adjusting properties. This smooth, creamy formula dries to a natural matte finish and can be used alone or blended with other products, such as foundations. A small amount of this highly pigmented and richly emollient corrector can provide enough coverage to effectively conceal dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and any skin discolouration.

Here is a basic reference colour chart:

Deep Brown - neutralizes uneven deeper skin tones and blue or green undertones
Terracotta ? corrects blue or green undertones in medium to dark skin tones
Caramel - corrects blue or green undertones in medium skin tones
Pure Orange ? can neutralize blue and black tattoo?s and neutralize blue or green undertones
Burnt Coral - can neutralize blue and black tattoo?s and correct blue undertones in deeper skin tones
Ochre - corrects blue or purple undertones
Blonde Ash ? corrects redness in light skin tones
Light Peach ? corrects sallow undertones in light skin tones (sallow meaning yellowish hue or complexion)

Kindest regards,

Mary-Ann
MAC Pro Online Makeup Artist

Tasti_Butterfly

Quote:
The results are in!! Message from MAC artist going over the product
smiles.gif

Thank you for taking the time to email us at MAC PRO Online. I am happy to assist you with our new Studio Finish Skin Corrector.

It is a specially tinted formula offering the traditional full coverage and protection of our skin shades of Studio Finish Concealer SPF 35, while providing long-lasting pro-quality concealing and colour-adjusting properties. This smooth, creamy formula dries to a natural matte finish and can be used alone or blended with other products, such as foundations. A small amount of this highly pigmented and richly emollient corrector can provide enough coverage to effectively conceal dark circles, blemishes, moles, tattoos and any skin discolouration.

Here is a basic reference colour chart:

Deep Brown - neutralizes uneven deeper skin tones and blue or green undertones
Terracotta ? corrects blue or green undertones in medium to dark skin tones
Caramel - corrects blue or green undertones in medium skin tones
Pure Orange ? can neutralize blue and black tattoo?s and neutralize blue or green undertones
Burnt Coral - can neutralize blue and black tattoo?s and correct blue undertones in deeper skin tones
Ochre - corrects blue or purple undertones
Blonde Ash ? corrects redness in light skin tones
Light Peach ? corrects sallow undertones in light skin tones (sallow meaning yellowish hue or complexion)

Kindest regards,

Mary-Ann
MAC Pro Online Makeup Artist

Thank you SO much for this MrsRjizzle!!!!
greengrin.gif

devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasti_Butterfly
I think she means Blonde Ash. The description is a Pale white green.

that's the one. Thanks!

aeni

So this is basically MAC's version of Dermacolor and MUFE's Full Cover? Seems interesting. I wish it was waterproof.

redambition

more cool stuff... i love this kind of colour corrector - i have a 4-shade red earth palette but it's not great. i'd love to try these.

Latest posts