• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

studio fix vs studio tech

Dayjoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAIRENDELLE
Hi Everyone

So I'm reading all of the posts and it just dawned on me that I may have been ill advised by a MA..Please let me know what you think...

I have super oily, acne prone skin. So the MA suggested using select coverage concealer (NC35), Studio Fix Fluid (NC37) and then set it with Studio Fix powder (NC40). Coverage is ok but my face feels heavy at the end of the day...Am I really supposed to use SF powder with the liquid or is there an alternative?

Thanks!

That sounds like a combination for someone that needs a lot of coverage because Studio Fix (powder) can be used a foundation alone--that's actually what it is supposed to be. A lot of people use this combo though so if you don't mind, it should be OK, but if you feel it's heavy, make them come up with something else for you.

lovepotion18

I'm currently using Studio Tech. I love this foundation. I use the sponge and wet it with Fix + and it goes on so smooth. I set it with Sheer Select Foundation. My skin looks flawless and not powdery as it would with Studio Fix. Studio Fix was the first foundation I ever used and looking back, it did make my face powdery.

k.a.t

I really want to try Studio Tech..I have one question though, what do you ladies use to apply it? I get the feeling using the sponge wouldn't be wise on my acne-prone skin...

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.a.t
I really want to try Studio Tech..I have one question though, what do you ladies use to apply it? I get the feeling using the sponge wouldn't be wise on my acne-prone skin...

I use the 190 foundation brush. It works really well with this formulation & it's easier than a sponge to rinse out between every application.

paparazziboy

i love studio tech it makes me so happy it applies like a dream for me. i use a stippling brush right on it,and them some medium dark blot power. it comes out perfect. i dont really have red tones to my skin more light pink. and my skin isn't very oily at all so this works well for me

BehindBluEyez

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLAIRENDELLE
Hi Everyone

So I'm reading all of the posts and it just dawned on me that I may have been ill advised by a MA..Please let me know what you think...

I have super oily, acne prone skin. So the MA suggested using select coverage concealer (NC35), Studio Fix Fluid (NC37) and then set it with Studio Fix powder (NC40). Coverage is ok but my face feels heavy at the end of the day...Am I really supposed to use SF powder with the liquid or is there an alternative?

Thanks!

I have the same type of skin and use the same routine. However, instead of using Studio Fix powder I now use the Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. It is much lighter than Studio Fix powder. A drawback though is that I do have oiliness break through throughout the day, so I have to powder about 2-3 times a day. But other than that, I would recommend the Skinfinish Natural over the SF powder.

forevernars

Unfortunately studio fix and every other mac foundation breaks me out so badly!! The only foundation of theirs that doesn't break me out is studio tech I love the way it looks and how it feels on my skin, It's actually good for your skin as it has emollients in it.

Ravenciara

I like Studio fix for my skin. I have been blessed with good skin (for now, lol) so the nights I go out with the girls and I want sheer coverage I use the Studio fix, then spray the fix+ and use the 150 brush to blend it.

BebeGirl123

The MA recommended Studio Fix for me and for awhile, it worked well, but now I'm finding that it's too dry/cakey for me. I have normal/combo skin but it makes my nose extra shiny and everywhere else too dry. Weird. I dont know if I want to try Studio Tech. I might go back to tinted moisturizers.

SamanthaDeMuro

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Studio Tech. Perfect for my skin. I tries Studio Fix on accident one time when the saleswoman gave me the wrong product. To be honest, I HATED IT!!! But what works for one person may not work for another. Never heard of the Select that someone else mentioned. Would love to know more about it. I have oily skin, living in such a humid environment, but hey, at least I don't have to worry about wrinkles for awhile. LOL. MAC is an awesome, awesome line. Most of my make-up is Mac but is it just me or do their lip glasses seem to not last long enough, even the ones you're not using? LOVE NARS lip gloss too. AWESOME!!!!!