Studio Moisture Cream vs. Moisturelush

dolcekatiana

Hey guys
smiles.gif
Im in desperate need of a new moisturizer and I was hoping you all could help me out... For reference, I have combination skin that tends to be more on the dry side, especially during Ohio winters
thmbdn.gif
For the past year or so Ive been using Principal Secret's Advanced Continous Moisture, but Im getting tired of having to order it from QVC and wait for it to arrive in the mail, etc. etc. I need something that I can run to the mall and pick up whenever I need it. Im torn between Studio Moisture Cream and Moisturelush. I looked on MUA and the reviews for both are pretty mixed...so what do you guys think?

simplyenchantin

Just bumping this as I want some opinions as well.. I went in to buy one today and the MUA sold me Studio Moisture Cream as I have dry skin. He said that the Moisturelush was for more combination skin.

Previously another MUA gave me a sample of one of them (and stupidly I can't remember which), but I really liked it and she wasn't there and I actually have a sneaking suspicion that it *was* the moisturelush.. and she knows my skin really well so I trust her judgment.

I'll have to ring up and ask her which it was, but if anyone can offer general advice on these it would be great!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyenchantin
Just bumping this as I want some opinions as well.. I went in to buy one today and the MUA sold me Studio Moisture Cream as I have dry skin. He said that the Moisturelush was for more combination skin.

Previously another MUA gave me a sample of one of them (and stupidly I can't remember which), but I really liked it and she wasn't there and I actually have a sneaking suspicion that it *was* the moisturelush.. and she knows my skin really well so I trust her judgment.

I'll have to ring up and ask her which it was, but if anyone can offer general advice on these it would be great!

WTF??? Are you serious? Dude...my skin is waaaaaaaaaaay oily, and I won't go near moisturelush except in the winter, and I ONLY use it maybe twice a week at night to keep my skin from getting dry (cuz dry oily skin is gross). The Moisturelush is thicker than the old moisture feed skin...I kind of think of it as MACs answer to La Mer...it's thick, creamy, and VERY moisturizing, and wonderful if you have dry skin. ...if you have any tendency toward oiliness, stay away from it though.
The Moisture Cream is a nice, light moisturizer, and I tend to use that one when my skin's feeling a little dry and sad, or if I've spent a looooong day outside and I've gotten my face sunburned. I slap some of that stuff on there and I seem not to peel as badly. If you've got dry skin, it's probably a good every day choice for you when the air isn't dry and sucking the moisture out of your skin.

HTH!!
smiles.gif

gildedangel

Now I have extreme combonation skin, it is very oily in places and very dry in places. Moisturelush works great for me! I haven't had any trouble with it on my oily areas (I think that it may have even reduced some of my redness) and it really moisturizes my dry spots well. Studio Moisture is ok, but I like Moisturelush more.

ForgetRegret

^^
ssad.gif
See, that's not fair...I wanted Moisturelush to work for me...cuz it smells nice and just feels sooooooooooooo good on the skin...but when I tell you I'm oily...I've said it in another thread, and I'll say it again, I could solve this country's oil crisis with my face. *sigh* So it was just too thick and creamy and moisture-y...plus, if I use it more often than 2-3 times a week, I break out. Ew. Not cute.

I just want to note, too, that I'm not saying this is a bad product AT ALL! I absolutely love the stuff, and wish my skin would let me use it every day...but because I'm SO oily and prone to breaking out, I just can't. ...also, while we're talking about Moisturelush...can I just say that um...the eye cream is freaking amazing?!
greengrin.gif
I love it. ...now THAT, my skin tolerates...and my puffy under eye circles have thanked me by de-puffing slightly, and lightening up a bit. w00t!

Ashleybubbles83

i just ordered the moisturelush cream and i can't wait to try it. a few nights ago i washed my face with green gel cleanser, and i don't know what happened, must have had a brain fart or something and i ended up washing with the GGC twice! and you know that stuff gets your face EXTRA SQUEAKY CLEAN so my face was extra dry and tight and bordering on burning until i put some eucerin cream on, so that moment told me i needed to get a night cream or something, so im gonna try the moisturelush!

Latest posts