Sunscreen or moisturizer for oily skin.

Ethel

I have combo-oily skin. After years of searching, I finally found a moisturizer that doesn't turn me into an oil slick or break me out, Lush's Imperalis. Unfortunately, it doesn't have sun protection. So, I need to find either 1. a new moisturizer with sun protection for daytime or 2. a sunscreen to layer with my moisturizer that won't break me out.

Any suggestions? I prefer an SPF of 20.

Pascal

I have mostly oily skin so I know how you feel. In order to delay aging and help control oil I use Chanel Moisturizer Age Delay Lotion w/ SPF 15, then on top of that I use Clarins UV SPF 40. Those are really good products that I have to use or else I will get wrinked and too oily.

ms_bloom

I agree with MissChievous - Olay Complete for oily/combination skin. Until very recently Olay Complete only came in one formula in Australia; I believe this old formula is the same as the new oily/combo formula. Doesn't break me out and works well under make-up.

user79

I do believe they make it in 2 formulations, one as a cream, the other one as a fluid lotion. I think the latter one is oil-free.

Kuuipo

Moisturizers do not in any way shape or form delay aging. They may temporarily make you look better,but they will not change the way you age. Exfoliated moisturized skin looks younger, but its the same cells,the same deoxyribonucleic acid,the same everything!
Sunscreen can delay photaging but only if you reapply it every 2 hours. If you do not reapply it every 2 hours, it degrades! Not only does it degrade, but it brings free radicals below the level of your skin that can age you faster. So don't wear a sunscreen under your makeup unless you plan to refresh it every 2 hours!!!Mineral makeup has a zinc sunscreen, it does not degrade. There are a few suncreens which last a couple hours longer (Helioplex,meroxyl).
If your skin is greasy, that may be all the moisture you need.
Its not what you put on your skin, its how you feed it. If you eat a diet of pizza and burgers, it will show. If you are eating fresh fruits and vegetables that contain real antoxidants,that will show too. (the supplements are pretty much ineffective)if you are eating fish with Omega Acids (like Salmon) your skin will look younger and firmer longer.No cream,lotion or potion really works in the long haul,they are bandaids,and they feel nice on the skin.

Latest posts