SUPER Impressed...MAC Eye Brows DUPE by Maybelline

TDoll

So I've been a HUGE fan of the MAC Eye Brows (mechanical pencil) in Lingering. To the point where it was seriously my favorite product. So small and precise... Until I ran out of it the other day and had NO IDEA it was coming because I had only had it about 2 months.
So today I was at Walgreens and saw this:

Maybelline Define a Brow
695EB_xl.jpg

Micro-mechanical pencil delivers precise application for evenly defined brows. Smear-proof formula wears all-day, and convenient all-in-one tool includes a comb to seamlessly blend color for a natural look.
  • Blends easily with brow hair
  • Waterproof for all day wear
  • Safe for sensitive eyes
  • Contact lens safe and ophthalmologist tested
blue_arrow.jpg
View all Define products
For Best Results

Swivel up one full turn to expose point.
Step 1: Fill-in brows with Define-A-Brow Pencil using thin, hair-like strokes
Step 2: Blend color and groom brows with comb
Step 3: Set brows using Define-A-Brow Gel

------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's $6.49 so I'm thinkin SWEET!
thmbup.gif
(MAC Eye Brows is $14.00)
They come in a wide range of colors.

So I buy the "medium brown" shade (which ends up being the EXACT color as MAC's pencil in Lingering). I am soooo amazed by this. It is THE EXACT size and shape as MAC's Eye Brows, has the SAME EXACT roll up mechanism. I compared it to my MAC pencil and the material, size, cap EVERYTHING is identical. The only difference is the color and the super cool comb thingy you get with the Maybelline. The quality of the actual product is amazing...not smeary and seems to be the exact texture of the MAC pencil.
I'm all for splurging on products whose quality can't be matched...but for something that you replace often and is down to the detail THE SAME... I say WHY NOT?!?!

You guys should try this if you haven't!!

th_DANCE.gif
<---me right now.

xoleaxo

i've been wanting to try this! i usually just use e/s for my brows, but i think i'll pick this up next time i'm at walmart.

thanks for the review!

kaexbabey

wow thanks for telling us
smiles.gif
is the maybelline pencil not too waxy but not too dry either like the MAC one? because that's what i really liked about mac's pencil.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaexbabey
wow thanks for telling us
smiles.gif
is the maybelline pencil not too waxy but not too dry either like the MAC one? because that's what i really liked about mac's pencil.

The formula seems EXACTLY the same. I compared the two using the little broken off nub left in the MAC pencil and the consistency seemed the same. Plus, I actually applied Maybelline's to my brows and to me, there was NO difference. I've used MAC's literally everyday for the past two months, so I'm pretty familiar with it and I couldn't tell the difference!
smiles.gif

But yeah, I know exactly what you mean. That consistency keeps it from smearing.

TDoll

I actually bought the "medium brown" shade...I originally posted "light brown" as the shade I purchased. I corrected it. So "medium brown" is identical to Lingering... whoops.

NicksWifey

I had been searching for a good drugstore eyebrow pencil and I'm so glad I found this thread! I picked up the Define-A-Brow today in Light Blonde and it matches my brows perfectly. The little comb is too cute. Thanks for posting this thread girlie
smiles.gif

glassy girl

Your sooo awesome i use spiked in mac for about 6years now and its my HG im never with out it and i go tru one about every 3 month or so im deff. gonna try this thanks.

I do love the Define-A-Brow, but I just wanted to point out you get 1/3 the product.... .001 oz vs .003 that MAC has. Just a FYI.

Latest posts