Texas Sect's Sick "Temple"

ratmist

Poor old Texas. We never get a good reputation in the press, eh?

From The Smoking Gun (I freaking love this webpage!)

Cops: Polygamists used bed-filled building for sex with girls

APRIL 10--During a raid at the Texas compound of a polygamist sect police discovered a "Temple" that was outfitted with beds upon which adult males had sex with underage girls who were virtually imprisoned at the group's walled property. During a search earlier this week, investigators found "multiple locked safes, locked desk drawers, locked vaults, as well as multiple computers and beds" inside the building, which was referred to as the "Temple" by members of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (FLDS) group.

According to a search warrant affidavit, a copy of which you'll find [on the webpage, click the link above], a confidential informant (who had been a FLDS member) recently told a local sheriff that "the temple...contains an area where there is a bed where males over the age of seventeen engage in sexual activity with female children under the age of seventeen."

While the affidavit notes that the confidential source has, on more than 20 occasions over the past four years, provided "reliable, true and correct" information about the FLDS, it is unclear why the sect's compound had not been raided sooner. The current law enforcement scrutiny was triggered when a 16-year-old called a family violence center to report that her husband, 50, had abused her. (4 pages)

Shimmer

Those freaks aren't Texan. Well, some of them are by birth, but that's about it.

Freaking fundamental Mormons.

Janice

It's really a very sad situation, it's the female children who suffer.

IIRC the 16 YO who called has gone missing, right?

and also, this sect came to TX to build and be left alone because what they were doing the church wasn't allowing/condoning in UT? Something along those lines.

Shimmer

They're technically, I believe, excommunicated from the LDS church, but yes, that's why they came to Texas.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice

and also, this sect came to TX to build and be left alone because what they were doing the church wasn't allowing/condoning in UT? Something along those lines.

Yeah. I read on the BBC that there's been some talk that the investigation has been going on for maybe as long as five years with an informant living at the compound in Texas. Reportedly, the authorities were afraid to raid the place until now because of fears that it'd be a repeat of the Waco tragedies.

Why is it always the women that suffer, and why do they let it continue to happen to their daughters and sons?
thmbdn.gif

Shimmer

This particular sect of LDS is especially messed up, with the regular mormons and the utah mormons actively distancing themselves from them.

Warren Jeffs...what a piece of work.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice

It's interesting because the male children suffer as well. They have their own version of the Lost Boys. Because they would be competition for the nasty pervy old men, they kick out the boys when they are teens.

They think they may have the 16 yo in custody, but with 400+ kids, they haven't IDed her yet.

I dont think their move had to do with the LDS church. I believe their move to Texas came shortly after Utah began to take the first steps towards legal action against these nuts since the 50s. They've got places in Canada as well. They have been having more internal breakups as well since they early part of the decade.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
This particular sect of LDS is especially messed up, with the regular mormons and the utah mormons actively distancing themselves from them.

Warren Jeffs...what a piece of work.

Yeah, he's a real nasty piece of shit.

I've got extended family members that are Mormon (LDS Church). They give me the creeps. There's something about the way they live out their religious beliefs that just scare the shit out of me.

ratmist

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Stargazer*
"The government doesn't want you to know it, but people spontaneously combust all the time. That's why you see so many sneakers hanging from power lines." - Crabman

Bwahahah!
greengrin.gif

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratmist
Yeah, he's a real nasty piece of shit.

I've got extended family members that are Mormon (LDS Church). They give me the creeps. There's something about the way they live out their religious beliefs that just scare the shit out of me.

Don't even get me started on an LDS rant.

On the whole, you couldn't ask to meet a set of nicer people, really. Give you the shirt off your back if you need it. But...yeah. The rest? It's up there with Scientology for me. Ick. :/

ratmist

Quote:
Don't even get me started on an LDS rant.

On the whole, you couldn't ask to meet a set of nicer people, really. Give you the shirt off your back if you need it. But...yeah. The rest? It's up there with Scientology for me. Ick. :/

Aye. Nice enough folk, but their religion....*shudder* I am quite glad Mitt Romney's not gonna be on the Republican ticket.

I don't really know what separates a religious organisation from being fairly designated a cult. I mean, I'm a (lapsed) Catholic, but one might call it a cult and give plenty of evidence to support it, I guess.

Shimmer

LDS is ... IMO, more subversively dogmatic than the Catholic Church. At least with Catholics, you know (to a degree) what you're getting into.
LDS is a slow immersion. And, it's a VERY patriarchal group/society. *shudder*

ratmist

Quote:
LDS is ... IMO, more subversively dogmatic than the Catholic Church. At least with Catholics, you know (to a degree) what you're getting into.
LDS is a slow immersion. And, it's a VERY patriarchal group/society. *shudder*

Heh, reminds me of a Dylan Moran (Irish Catholic comedian) joke. "Catholicism obviously has much more drama built-in. There's robes, and a guy, and candles, and weird lighting, and a child, and wine - stuff's gonna happen. Speaking as one of the few in my peer group who, you know, wasn't abused. Thought somethin was wrong with me! Showed up to school in hot pants!"

V15U4L_3RR0R

How terrible! It's a shame as well that they are going to give Polygamists a bad rep.

I feel about the Mormons they same way I feel about any religion personally.

Shimmer

Sort of...but the tenets of that particular sect have always been that way whether the extra 'wives' are under age or over.

frocher

Poor girls, I hope they throw the book at these SOBs and they get to be someone's wife in prison.

purrtykitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
Sounds like a group of pediphiles hiding under the cloak of religion to me.

Yep, that sounds about right. And what's worse is that the adults have brainwashed the children into thinking that their "way of life" is "OK". If it weren't for that one tip...who knows how long this would've continued (who knows how long it's been going on, for that matter). Those poor kids will never be normal.

lizardprincesa

Quote:
Those freaks aren't Texan. Well, some of them are by birth, but that's about it.

Freaking fundamental Mormons.

Careful. Your words can, unfortunately, be taken in the same way as people saying seemingly *general,* negative words about, say, Jews, or Muslims...etc...These people aren't Mormons. They are a sick offshoot of Mormons; they are cultish pedophiliacs, aren't they.

My point is not to defend Mormons. I write this to point out that people who are not part of this sick place, but who may subscribe to Mormon religion, may become offended...

Latest posts