The 44th President Obama!!!!

TISH1124

^^^ Nahhh when it comes to my future and my children's future ...I am never like mehhh...But that's just me. But Good Night.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmy
the war in iraq has been my biggest issue this election, and i am absolutely terrified now that obama is going to be the commander in chief.

You and me both. This is going to be a scary time for my family. You should see the numbers that they've been sending to my husband about the cuts that are coming.
ssad.gif

Dahlia_Rayn

To be part of this election is just incredible! I'm overcome with emotion! We have a voice, and I have hope and faith for our country!

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
Um, I'm done crying now, and I just wanted you all to know...
153uycz.jpg

I LOVE THIS!!!! THANK YOU!! It brought a smile to my face.

lovely333

Thank you Lord. I cried, wept as I thought about how my mother her sisters, mother and aunts marched in Birmingham Alabama. They knew one day this day would come. We have come so far and have changed so much. I know this is only the beginning but what a great beginning it is. This is history for us or children and our childrens children!!!!!!!!!

ndn-ista

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraAmericana
I hope I am not considered a mindless citizen but.....I voted for Obama and I want to be excited, I really do. I am pleased he won but really I feel ...meh..ok bedtime now...

Anyone else?

P.S. like I said I want to be excited.....maybe I am too tired
P.P.S maybe it's because I considered him won already for a while now....idk

This is a historic day and our nation will be changed forever. Maybe it effects some people more then others. Maybe you had/have to personally be affected the last some years to truly feel this day. Personally, to be so close and affected by hearing about my parents coming from another country twenty some years ago and deal with racism the minute they landed and their endless struggles and faith to living through 9-11 to losing loved ones in the war to seeing someone losing their health insurance to having a coworker quit her job because she had to put food on the table more then paying for gas...etc, this day is a celebration for me.

lovely333

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn-ista
This is a historic day and our nation will be changed forever. Maybe it effects some people more then others. Maybe you had/have to personally be affected the last some years to truly feel this day. Personally, to be so close and affected by hearing about my parents coming from another country twenty some years ago and deal with racism the minute they landed to 9-11 to losing loved ones in the war to seeing someone losing their health insurance to having a coworker quit her job because she had to put food on the table more then paying for gas...etc, this day is a celebration for me.

AMEN!!!!

Mabelle

oh my lord, how cute is Joe Biden's mother? adorable.

Anyway, i just must say that I burst into tears when Obama, his wife Michelle, Biden And his wife all hugged. It was a beautiful image. I'm just so so happy for you're country. For what will affect my country.

This is a truly wonderful night. Im so happy that this has been achieved in my lifetime.

And like i said in a previous thread, Hilary, Canada will take you! Please??

silverbelle282

i think it's an amazing moment. i really loved both mccain and obama's speeches.

the turnout for this election was awesome, i hope this is a trend upwards and that it continues!!!

it's going to be truly exciting to see what changes come, how we can meet all the challenges we have to face.

and i am truly inspired.

silverbelle282

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndn-ista
This is a historic day and our nation will be changed forever. Maybe it effects some people more then others. Maybe you had/have to personally be affected the last some years to truly feel this day. Personally, to be so close and affected by hearing about my parents coming from another country twenty some years ago and deal with racism the minute they landed to living through 9-11 to losing loved ones in the war to seeing someone losing their health insurance to having a coworker quit her job because she had to put food on the table more then paying for gas...etc, this day is a celebration for me.

i loved this post, ndn-ista, i feel the same EXACT way! thank you for putting it so well (my button's on the fritz lol)

Mabelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimmyshimmyya
Elizabeth Hassleback is probably in the middle of a nervous breakdown right now...

she;s writing what she'll be saying tomorrow. Something about sexism.

Republican/Democrat aside, i think everyone is specktra can agree that she is insane. And she scares the bejesus out of me.

*Stargazer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
she;s writing what she'll be saying tomorrow. Something about sexism.

Republican/Democrat aside, i think everyone is specktra can agree that she is insane. And she scares the bejesus out of me.

She scares me. But then, really, I'm terrified of the insanity of all of those women. They are all equally crazy.

radarlove

I'm not even American but I totally teared up watching Obama with his family and when Biden came out it was so emotional, I love Biden <3

I hope that they can live up to the expectations that people have of them, but I feel confident that he will make real change by making great choices and surrounding himself with wonderful and smart people when he is in office. I think this was the right choice for America but also for the world. I think America has a chance of being restored to a country to be admired rather than the hated country it is now.

I bet Obama and his people are so relieved and happy right now. Congrats Americans!

Ruby_Woo

I am so excited. Happy. Overwhelmed.

I am ready for this war to be over. I am ready to have my tax dollars go to something useful, and that benefits my country.

THANK GOD for Obama.

SaturdayStevens

Quote:
Originally Posted by melozburngr
I have NEVER been so interested in an election, never cared before.

It REALLY bugs me when people say that this election is important, as if the others aren't? I wish you would have cared enough 4 yrs ago, then we wouldn't be in the situation that we are in now.
nonono.gif

And Elizabeth Hasselbeck 2morrow!
th_LMAO.gif