The Croc Appreciation Thread...

j_absinthe

I know I'm not the only one who's got love for them.

Now I know that they're pretty much the ugliest piece of footwear this side of the Ugg, but damnit, they are comfortable.

Should they be used at a piece of daily fashion? Heck no, but I'm all about being able to come home and RELAX in a comfortable pair of houseshoes, my Crocs.

Uggs, on the other hand, should be burned like wrongfully accused women in Salemn. Ugly and you have to pay extra to waterproof...the hell?!

anjelik_dreamin

I detest people wearing crocs in public, but at home is a totally different story. Same with Uggs. They're comfy, but definately have a place (at home/in a bonfire).

pepper_mint2

i think crocs have come out with a few decent looking one rather than their trademark beach crocs. Own one and lovin' it

Cosmopolitics

I'm all for ya'll wearing 'em while gardening, or on a boat, or doing chores around the house. But please don't wear 'em in public. I'd look kind of ridiculous if I wore boat shoes out in public, and crocs look just as ridiculous.

Also, there are crocs other than the traditional cayman type, such as the mary janes that actually look somewhat decent.

Kitt3n

I don't like the traditional croc style, the clog with the sling back. I do like the new styles. They recently came out with a ballet slipper style and a mary-jane style. I bought them both and wear them for my serving job. They are both comfy and cute, and have the non-slip for the food service industry.

Crocs Prima
169.jpg

Crocs Alice
p3753808p275w.jpg

juicygirl

i too am of the opinion that crocs are sooo ugly and no one should of right mind be wearing them....but i guess that would make me a hypocrite. i bought a pair of croc style shoes by dickies to wear with my work uniform and omg, most comfy pair ever. period!

Janice

Croc lover in or out of the house here! I don't give a flip if people think they're horrid or not. If I'm dressed down and running out of the house on errands or grab a bit to eat you can pretty bet on seeing me in my purple Crocs. I don't wear the ones with holes in them, I prefer the closed clog ones because I work in my garden alot. I also swear by their water shoes, we're out on the lake TONS during the summer and they are by far the best water shoe I have ever owned.

Dahlia_Rayn

I am also a huge fan of crocs...I wear mine everywhere and really don't care if they're ugly. I even wear my cotton candy pink ones the most (this means I own more then one pair!). They are so comfortable, and as a research assistant it's nice to have a pair of shoes that's easy to sanitize and still really easy to wear!

Kuuipo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitt3n
I don't like the traditional croc style, the clog with the sling back. I do like the new styles. They recently came out with a ballet slipper style and a mary-jane style. I bought them both and wear them for my serving job. They are both comfy and cute, and have the non-slip for the food service industry.

Crocs Prima
169.jpg

Crocs Alice
p3753808p275w.jpg

I remember giving littlr rubber slippers that looked just like these to psych patients on a locked ward when they were admitted . No dangerous laces or choking hazards here.

glam8babe

i hate the look of them but i have tried a pair on and i cant beleive how comfy they are!!! i wouldnt buy them or wear them in public but they are really comfy which is a plus
i do love uggs though

Shimmer

Between my crocs and my 5fingers, I have some hideous shoes, but i've yet to give a rip.
smiles.gif

The 5fingers are conversation starters...everywhere...and they're some of the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.

Janice

I can vouch for the 5 fingers being conversation starters, it's hard to have a conversation with you when you're wearing them because you're constantly being interrupted by people asking about them.
greengrin.gif

Shimmer

LOL yeah. It's hard to run in them around people for that same reason.
smiles.gif
People want to know about them, and usually only hard core outdoor types have any idea what they are or how they'd be worn
lol.gif

user79

Plastic shoes. Nuff said.

But other people are free to wear them! I just think they look suuuuuper....well, homely. Plus, don't you just sweat like crazy in them?

Paramnesia

Crocs Alice are pretty cute but I dunno if I'd wear them.
Though I love ugg boots for winter, but at home. I hate how they became a trend grrr lol.

Lissa

I just googled those 5 finger shoes as I'd never heard of them....oh they look so comfy, I'm all for comfort these days. I don't own any crocs , but this thread could be swaying me. I don't care what anyone thinks either and they sound perfect for me. I may just have to try a pair now!

I'm interested too about the sweating. Do your feet slip about in them?

Girl about town

a lot of the girls in my work wear crocs (i work in a hospital) They look comfy but so ugly and clumpy i also don't fancy getting bodily fluids through the wee holes. UGG wise i have a pair but i only wear them in the snow or in winter walking my son to nursery, i wouldn;t wear them as everyday wear!!! x

Shimmer

You really don't sweat in them.
They look like plastic, and the cheap ones are plastic, but actual CROCS aren't plastic like what you'd normally think.
Your feet don't slip around in Crocs anymore than they slip around in heels or tennis shoes.

Lissa:
7c36ac24.jpg

Those are my 5fingers.
smiles.gif
And yes, you sure can sprint in them without ANY problems.
smiles.gif

Latest posts