The dumbest MAC mistake you've made.

Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashedseries
I tried depotting a MAC concealer pot thinking that there was a pan in there somewhere. =.=|||

I always wondered if there was a pan lmao. My dip in mine is HUGEEEEEE and it seems like I can never hit the bottom

Care

Quote:
XD there really isn't one. OTL I found out this morning.-kicking myself hard-

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/IMG_1024.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/IMG_1023.jpg

omg that's so sad to look at haha, maybe next time you can just scoop some out and melt it into an empty pan and put it in your palette :p

thank you for the photos! I was seriously considering depotting it too
th_LMAO.gif

smashedseries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care
omg that's so sad to look at haha, maybe next time you can just scoop some out and melt it into an empty pan and put it in your palette :p

thank you for the photos! I was seriously considering depotting it too
th_LMAO.gif

XD Tell me about it. Arghhhh, the dumbest thing I've ever done
th_LMAO.gif

No worries! Aww man, I just hope no one ever does the same thing, like, ever!

smashedseries

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenBam
omg good thing you told me, i considered depotting mine recently HAHA

XD glad to have helped.
I'm hoping that no one else will ever do this too XD

MizzMelroseMood

When I first started buying MAC as a teen I thought Back2MAC wanted the empty boxes to recycle not the actual packaging lol.

larababyx

haha i was thinkin if i could depot the concealer the other day :S do u recon that u cud b2m the packaging without the bit the concealer goes in ? xx

smashedseries

Babylard: XD don't remind me. XDXDXD

Mizzmelrosemood: hurhur, I had to read the boards a few times before I actually realised what the "B2M" on the box meant. I didn't know we could b2m stuff at first, so my powder compact is gowwwwwn.

Larababyx: XD glad I made the mistake so you wouldn't. Hahaha. And I don't think so... You're referring to the plastic insert right? Nah, I think you need that, considering that some girls have been saying that you now need the pans in as well.

Gonzajuju: heyyyyy~~~ Haha. Believe me, when I popped the insert, I was looking at it for a while cause of how deep the pot was! There's a lot of product in there... :X

spectrolite

Only one comes to mind at the moment:

^Putting lip conditioner under my eyes because it thought it was Moisturelush Eye Cream. They are both packaged exactly the same though, c'monn!
tong.gif

LC

Quote:
XD there really isn't one. OTL I found out this morning.-kicking myself hard-

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/IMG_1024.jpg
http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/b...s/IMG_1023.jpg

omg that's freaking hilarious!! I've considered depotting mine too but OKKK guess i wont lol.

My mac mistake was when i was doing my demo while interviewing to work there. I was SO nervous... So I was doing my demo in the studio room in the back, and I left the room to go grab my products, and because i was so nervous, i dropped a couple studio fix powders on the ground and they busted EVERYWHERE. all the current employees gave me the nastiest looks...they turned out later to be some of my best friends after i started working there hahahaa

smashedseries

LMD84:
XD Tell me about it! Thank god it was one that I didn't want anymore! OTL Otherwise I'd be crying cause that one had SO much product left in it! T_T

spectrolite:
I died laughing at this one. XDD When'd you realize it wasn't the eye cream?! Damn!

baci:
hahahaha, glad I made you laugh. I SWEAR! There should be a warning sign that tells people not to depot their concealers!!! I happily held the pot over the flame till it MELTED RIGHT THROUGH OTL.

Ahhhhh hahahahaha! Did you manage to clean everything up after that? >_< You poor thing!

peachesxsan

When I depotted six blushes thinking it would be as easy as depotting eyeshadows. Turns out, it is MUCH harder depotting blushes. I broke chunks off of most of them. The worst was Sweetness beauty powder, which is a lot more delicate than regular blushes. It started crumbling and it never seems to stop. My carpetting is spotted pink in random places and the crumbling makes me hesitant to even reach for the palette when I'm in a hurry =/

smashedseries

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxsan
When I depotted six blushes thinking it would be as easy as depotting eyeshadows. Turns out, it is MUCH harder depotting blushes. I broke chunks off of most of them. The worst was Sweetness beauty powder, which is a lot more delicate than regular blushes. It started crumbling and it never seems to stop. My carpetting is spotted pink in random places and the crumbling makes me hesitant to even reach for the palette when I'm in a hurry =/

>_< Ah darn! >_< Can't press it back to it's original state?

27dots

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzMelroseMood
When I first started buying MAC as a teen I thought Back2MAC wanted the empty boxes to recycle not the actual packaging lol.

lol me too

I have also used a candle to depot a cream blush, not thinking that it would melt all over the place

shontay07108

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachesxsan

Omg, this happened to me not too long ago. I messed up a couple of Mac blushes trying to depot them. One was LE but I was able to find it. Another, I have to get from the pro store. Never again.

Latest posts