The Dupe Thread: If you have... you don't really need...

Cocopai

I went through all my mac eyeshadows, and this is what i found:

Brun, Dark edge (from tempting quad), Concrete and Mystery are extremely similar to eachother. I wish i knew this earlier, because i basically have 4 almost identical colors.

Rich flesh is very similar to both Cork and Wedge. Its like if Cork and Wedge had a baby it would be Rich flesh. But they are all so similar that you really only need one of them imo.

Haux and Quarry is very similar. Haux is a tiny bit darker. Maybe a TINY bit more red if you really study it. All in all you dont need both.

Mulch, Bronze and Romp are pretty similar. Romp is a bit more gold. Mulch is a bit more plum. I wouldnt have gotten all of them if i knew how similar they were.

Graphology is like a matte and a tiny bit darker version of Contrast.

Seedling and Omega are identical in the pan, but the texture is different, and swatched on the skin Seedling is a BIT more gray/taupey. But you definately dont need both.

Handwritten and Embark are pretty much identical colors. But because Handwritten is a matte2 it has slightly better texture imo.

Hey is very similar to Naked lunch, but creamier texture. Its also very similar to All That Glitters, but ATG is slightly more peach.

Brule and Blanc type are very similar. But Blanc Type is a TINY bit lighter and has better payoff. (matte2)

:)

missah

I've just bought:
Shimmermoss, waternymph, gulf stream, aquadisiac and I have a steamy dupe.
is there any of the mac eyeshadows I shouldnt have bought?

shesparkles

Any dupes for Naked Bliss mattene? I'm looking for a nude l/s that is not too warm and has a little pink-mauve going on.

Monkees Girl 76

Wow, came across this just googling dupes.I love that it's here, I do agree with lots of these dupes! With that said (what a first post right lol) I have to say, though Brun, and Mystery are similar, there are differences within them. While on my eyes they turn out much different. I've used Brun and Mystery both with All That Glitters and both had a different look for what I was trying to accomplish. Mystery gave a lighter smokey look than Brun. I also find Brun to be cooler then Mystery. So to me, they are not exact dupes for one another. If you like a darker shadow go with Brun, if you want a litter warmer color go with Mystery. I have both and have lots of uses for each. Also FTR, I own Concrete as well. This color is more of a cooler-toned shadow than Brun and Mystery. This is better for cooler combos and looks. Its personal preference but I am glad I have all 3 :).

califabulous

anyone know of a chanel, dior dupe for:

mac
mac blankety l/s
mac shy girl l/s
nars funny face l/s
nars giza l/g
mac cultured l/g
mac richer lusher c/g

Mac free to be e/s (any brand)

does anyone think folie and handwritten are similar? and do I need swiss chocolate if I have those?
AND what is this star violet = cranberry business? is this true? I have it and thought Star Violet was a purple color?! (p.s. I do have color issues when it comes to certain shades)
tipsy.gif

Copperhead

anyone know of a chanel, dior dupe for:

mac
mac blankety l/s
mac shy girl l/s
nars funny face l/s
nars giza l/g
mac cultured l/g
mac richer lusher c/g

Mac free to be e/s (any brand)

does anyone think folie and handwritten are similar? and do I need swiss chocolate if I have those?
AND what is this star violet = cranberry business? is this true? I have it and thought Star Violet was a purple color?! (p.s. I do have color issues when it comes to certain shades)
tipsy.gif
Cranberry has more red in it than SV imo.

http://www.makeupbyjoyce.com/2010/09/collection-and-swatches-plums-greens.html

Spanky

Please help me find dupes for these MAC Lippies: Toxic Tale Impassioned Powerhouse Gulabi Style Curve Such Flare Something New So Scarlet Port Red Deliciously Forbidden Matenne Rougette Matenne Rare Pomposity Snazzy Gladiola Queen's Sin Stylishly Yours Sail La Vie Reel Sexy Red Pepper & for those of you who say Impassioned is a dupe for CP, what are the differences, please? & On a scale of 1-10 (10 being closest, 1 being lowest/no match what so ever) ,how close do you think they are, please? Thank you!

Latest posts