The One Eyed Gold Goddess- using Rose Gold FOTD

Colorqueen

Okay, well I decided to do a quick slap up job to play around with Rose Gold. I never could make it work for me in the past when I tried it on, so when I lost it, I was frustrated because I never got to play with it and see if I could make it work.

But!....Friday someone (not from MUA) sent me an amazing care package of brand new in the box MAC stuff from their own collection.

I got Rose Gold pro
Gold pro and a bunch of other stuff.

In between doing plums and peaches, making huge pan of vegetable soup for canning, picking a ton of veggies and drying a load of tomoatoes, I decided to quickly do up one eye, slap on some hair and a coat and snap a few photos as the sun went down.

I do not have any make up on other than one eye and lips, but I wanted to capture the majesty of this eyeshadow while the sun was out. One or two of the photos I think I brushed the remnants of Stereo Rose that was on my brush on my cheeks, I can not remember.

EYES
Rose Gold Pro (MAC)
Gold Pro (MAC PRO)
Sweetscents Cappucino
Rich Ground FL as liner
Platinum inner corner of eye and just under brow mixed with Sweetscents White Gold

LIPS
Unflappable l/s (MAC)

RoseGoldsunsmilingup.jpg

rosegoldoutsideshadowsun.jpg

RoseGoldGoldoutsidesky.jpg

Now, just for comparison's sake, look how the same exact photo shoot changed the appearance when in the doorway instead of outside.

These two were taken BEFORE the first three that you see above- can you believe the difference in how the camera picks up the colors?

rosegolddowninside.jpg

rosegoldinsidedarkerlighting.jpg

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyqmishee
This may sound nuts, but I prefer the eye without makeup!

:ROTFL:

That is funny!

I look plain most of the time, so I enjoy doing extravagant makeup for a change.....
greengrin.gif

charkkatz

You are such a beauty!

I love your the blonde hair and the gold is amazing intense. I need to pic some of that up if I can ever get to a pro store lol.

This kind of reminds me of Jane Fonda (whom i love)

MacVirgin

You are such a fun and beautyful lady! i am realy in love with your personality!!
clap.gif
Bet your hubby comes hom and is everyday like wow!
graucho.gif
graucho.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by charkkatz
You are such a beauty!

I love your the blonde hair and the gold is amazing intense. I need to pic some of that up if I can ever get to a pro store lol.

This kind of reminds me of Jane Fonda (whom i love)

Why thank you- that is so nice of you to say!

I am thrilled to finally find a color that will match the majesty of this blazer- everything else always seemed too dull - even the other MAC pigments. Now I can have something to work with and play off of- I am going to try adding a tiny touch of Pink Bronze and Chatreuse eventually too........

You are right- it is kind of a Jane Fonda look, isn't it? And I was not even trying!

*giggle*

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofdisaster
i agree, it's very jane fonda-ish! beautiful!
greengrin.gif

HAHAHa I was watching TV late last night and Jane Fonda came on and I jumped up in bed and shouted "OMG I REALLY DID LOOK LIKE JANE FONDA!!!"

My husband who bolted straight up in bed did not seem too happy about that.....HAHAHHAHA

csuthetaphi

I really love this look on you. Do the metal pigments go on that smooth and shiny, or did you use them wet? I just bought Rose Gold but haven't used it yet ( it doesn't look as rosey as I thought it would). How does it compare to Gold?

Again, LOVE the look! I am going to try this!
clap.gif

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuthetaphi
I really love this look on you. Do the metal pigments go on that smooth and shiny, or did you use them wet? I just bought Rose Gold but haven't used it yet ( it doesn't look as rosey as I thought it would). How does it compare to Gold?

Again, LOVE the look! I am going to try this!
clap.gif

I think I used a layer of UDPP first (I did it in such a rush that I don't remember for sure, but I always use a base first before any pigments).

Then I just smeared the pigments on really fast. They went on just like this- I did not use them wet or even set them with Fix+ like I would.

Gold is more like an antique gold and rose gold is more of a bronzey gold color, if that makes sense.

Gold is on the inner 1/3 of my lid and Rose Gold is the outer 2/3 with Cappucino on the outer corners for contour.

I am amazed at how gorgeous these metallic pigments are. I also got copper which I have not had a chance to play with yet.

BTW, I would try using coordinating FL under them - that is what I plan to do in the future- it adds depth and dimension to them as well as protection and durability.

greengrin.gif

Latest posts