The Unofficial "How long Msfs will take to sellout" thread

SMMY

Okay how long do you think it will take for the A Muse mineralized skinfinishes, especially Shooting Star, to sell out from the date of release. Name your guess here in days, hours or minutes. I hope to god its not seconds!
I'm guessing by the end of the first day for Shooting Star and a couple of more days for Shimpagne, followed by Porcelain Pink.
Place your bets/guesstimates here ladies!

Parishoon

shooting star will definately sell out the first day on the mac site
porcelain pink & shimpagne may take 2-3days

koolmnbv

Oh I am a moron, do you mean on website or in stores? My above answer was for the website, but in stores I think it will be far longer

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolmnbv
Oh I am a moron, do you mean on website or in stores? My above answer was for the website, but in stores I think it will be far longer

Either or both.

I think in stores they will disappear fairly quickly at some counters, especially Shooting Star. Which will lead to frantic phone calls by Specktra-ettes to find out which counters still have it and if they ship, not to mention countless CPs.
tong.gif

Throwaway Style

I got the MSF's after the display was down at my counter, but I think it's gonna be way way way faster on the website, which will suck since that's the only way i can get them, haha. damn you being out of country.

SMMY

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan_willb
With this BIG MSF hype I think all 3 will sell out the first day.If not then 2 days at the most.

So what seems to be the concensus here is that everyone should be perched in front of their computer on July 20. with credit card in one hand and expresso/latte/mocha in the other, bleary eyed but ready to order as soon as those little disks show up.

patentg33k

I think Shooting Star will go w/i 24 hours, as will at least one or two of the e/s duo's. ITA that anyone who wants these should be ready to buy on that very first day.

Keep in mind that gloss.com does seem to take longer to sell out than maccosmetics.com. I've also noticed that Nordstrom.com takes a few days to put products up and is usually the last to sell out. So I think if you are stuck with shopping online you'll probably find a source through the weekend after the release from one of these sources.

mrstucker

I predict they'll be sold out online before they're officially released, at least Shooting Star, anyway. Since they sell them (on average) two days before official release (usually we see them 'hidden' on the site on the Tuesday before release day), it's not uncommon to see the sold out symbol on Thursday - so, I'm going to be calling them every hour starting Monday, and calling some PRO stores the week before to beg!

tinagrzela

Sorry for the stupid question, but what's their STORE release date?? The always come out 2 days before on the website!

Shimmer

I'm going to attempt to get two shooting stars and a shimpagne, but hopefully there won't be a mad free for all at my store.
oh.gif
I'd hate to elbow an old lady
greengrin.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parishoon
shooting star will definately sell out the first day on the mac site
porcelain pink & shimpagne may take 2-3days

I agree. Personally, I only plan to pick up Shimpagne. Maybe Shooting Star if the budget allows...

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY
So what seems to be the concensus here is that everyone should be perched in front of their computer on July 20. with credit card in one hand and expresso/latte/mocha in the other, bleary eyed but ready to order as soon as those little disks show up.

hahaha that's hilarious!!

I'm so glad that I live in the netherlands, mac sells out really slow compared to the USA stories I hear!

chris

This thread is making me nervous! lol. I hope the new MSFs don't come out when I'm on holiday. There's no MAC store where I'm going!

Cool Kitten

wow ladies!
lol.gif

I'll try to get the Shooting Star but if it sells out before i can order on mac.com or gloss.com i'm certainly not gonna run around looking for it.
I'll just console myself with my existing 4 MSFs and their back-ups.

Throwaway Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMMY

Seriously, I'm happy though, I'm gonna be ordering while in a time zone six hours ahead of the US. Sweeet.

pugmommy7

throwawy style, i am picturing you sticking your tongue out at us
rofl.gif

I am pretty stoked, but confident if i call my fs or nordies my girls with hold them for me. they good like that
winks.gif

depecher

I do hope they package the MSFs better this time. I remember hearing horror stories of broken MSFs arriving.

I plan to pick mine up at my counter. They will hold things for me, so I shouldn't have to panic. I will, but that's just me. ha ha.

Latest posts