The wood on my mac 259 brush cracked in half...

xxManBeaterxx

I bought this brush roughly around 2 1/2 years ago from a MAC store. I hardly ever use it... Today when i was going through my drawer there was a slight crack down the middle of the wood and a line of black paint came off and the handle... what could cause this? T___T

makeupmadb

I'm sorry to hear that
ssad.gif
RIP 259 brush
ssad.gif

It could be that you've exposed it to a lot of water when washing, and perhaps not dried the handle properly.
Have you put it back in the drawer whilst it's still damp, as this could cause it to rot?

lsperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxManBeaterxx
I bought this brush roughly around 2 1/2 years ago from a MAC store. I hardly ever use it... Today when i was going through my drawer there was a slight crack down the middle of the wood and a line of black paint came off and the handle... what could cause this? T___T

My 249 did the same thing. And I only had it a couple of months before it cracked and split a big chunk of the black paint off of it. I called MAC and they sent me a replacement.

I have a lot of MAC brushes and wash them after every use and let them thoroughly dry. This is the only brush that has ever cracked and peeled like this. I think it's a quality issue and not rotting wood.

The only issue I have with MAC brushes is the name and number coming off of them......I read here to just to put clear nail polish on them and it works! But I also have this problem with Smashbox and Laura Mercier brushes, too.

erine1881

sounds to me like the wood got wet, causing it to split. make sure the handles never get wet and that your brushes are completely dry before storing them away.

BunnyBunnyBunny

That sucks! So sorry about that. Try keeping it away from moisture. At least it wasn't a brush you use all the time, right?

TamiChoi

Sorry that happened! I believed the wood got wet if you washed it and let it sit up instead of laying it down to dry.
ssad.gif

MAC_Whore

Sorry about your brush.
ssad.gif

On a general note, when washing brushes, water/liquid should never get above the metal ferrulle. It can damage the wood or get between the top of the ferrulle and the wood and cause the glue to weaken.

Latest posts