This lovely little gem of a brush...

MACLovin

So, I was in TJ Maxx the other day (outlet store, for those of you not in the US) browsing around their beauty section and I stumbled upon this kabuki brush for $4.99 marked down from about $12.

At first I was skeptical because typically you get what you pay for when it comes to brushes, and I had never heard of the brand (Gotta 'B Urban). Luckily it wasn't in a sealed package so I was able to open it up and feel it.. OMG...LOVE...
eyelove.gif
eyelove.gif

The bristles are sooo soft, but dense. It applies mineral makeup like an absolute dream. I have to say it's probably the best kabuki I have ever used!

Then, I was looking at the sephora site and saw the Make Up For Ever kabuki and guess what? They are pretty much IDENTICAL! Except for the price tag of course. $4.99 vs $39, yikes. And check it out.. only difference is the handle!

MUFE:
P217908_hero.jpg

The obscure brand Gotta B' Urban:

PIC-0165.jpg

PIC-0166.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cellphone pics but I just had to show you guys! If you can somehow get your hands on this brush I would absolutely 110% recommend it. It really hasn't shed many hairs at all, maybe 3 total.

Love it.
thmbup.gif

mizuki~

I don't think I've ever seen brushes at my local TJ Maxx.. =/ but it never hurts to go and check it out!

MACLovin

Yeah this was the first time ive actually seen any brushes there. It was in a container with a bunch of old Lancome makeup. I wish I wouldve grabbed the other one to have a backup, because I am so in love with this brush!!
bigheart.gif

Lizzie

I saw TJ Maxx, $4.99, and the MUFE picture and I got really really excited because I thought they had that brush haha

MACLovin

Well, no.. not exactly that brush, but I swear they are identical!!

So does anyone else have anything by this brand "Gotta B Urban" ??? I'm curious if their other products are as wonderful.. because every time I use this one I fall in love with it all over again.
bigheart.gif
heart.gif
bigheart.gif
..haha, im such a dork

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiChoi
ooo they sell that at marshalls too
winks.gif

edit:

here are some of there other cosmetics

Gotta B'Urban Cosmetic Books

Go get it!! lol

I wonder about the quality of those palettes.. usually you get what you pay for.. but with the brush that's not the case! Ya never know.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamiChoi
i miss my 182
ssad.gif
lol.

Aww what happened to it?

This one is ALMOST as soft.. I don't think its natural hair like the 182 but the results are pretty much the same.. and the price is 9x less!
yes.gif

TamiChoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACLovin
Aww what happened to it?

This one is ALMOST as soft.. I don't think its natural hair like the 182 but the results are pretty much the same.. and the price is 9x less!
yes.gif

i love soft brushes, so i'll probably end up getting it lol. the bf threw it in the trash and it got all nasty, so I didn't touch it
angry.gif
and he was the one who bought it for me too.

DominicanBarbie

So I went to marshals yesterday and got myself two of the Gotta B urban brushes. LOVE THEM.. I got the angle brush and the powder brush. Can you say soft as hell.. Lol I swear I would pick my Gotta B urban powder brush over my mac 129. The best thing is the price. Only 4.00! So yea these brushes are awesome if you see them pick at least one of them up. You wont regret it!!

MACLovin

^ Nice! I was there the other night and saw this set they had, with about 4-5 brushes, is that the one you got with the white hairs w/ gray tips? I was tempted but I really didn't need any more brushes at the moment.
tong.gif

Latest posts