Tim Burton remaking Alice in Wonderland

MACLovin

This should be a cool movie!

Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter
thmbup.gif

article-1087007-0282C88F000005DC-862_468x570.jpg

source: First glimpse of Johnny Depp as a ghoulish Mad Hatter in Tim Burton's Alice In Wonderland | Mail Online

Anne Hathaway will play the White Queen, and Helena Bonham-Carter will be the Red Queen.
smiles.gif

Matt Lucas and David Walliams will be Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.

Alice will be played by a relatively unknown actress, Mia Wasikowska, 18, from Canberra, Australia.

It began filming earlier this autumn in Cornwall, England.
yes.gif

So who else is excited about this movie?! I can't wait to see a trailer!

MzzRach

One of my favourite stories ever. Down the rabbit hole!

This should be cool. Tim Burton and Johnny Depp are quite the dynamic duo.

carandru

I think Johnny Depp will not accept a movie role anymore unless it requires extensive makeup
lol.gif
. But, this looks cool. Tim Burton's way of thinking seems well suited for this movie and, of course, Johhny Depp is able to pull off most characters in a unique and totally awesome way.

aziajs

I thought they would do something else with the makeup. I am tired of seeing Johnny Depp with the same dark eyes and hallowed cheeks in every movie.

PollyRhythm

You know, I really would have hoped that they went off of Alice McGee's Alice. I've been waiting on someone to make a movie of it forever and it was supposed to have been done a year or two ago but didn't hear anything else from it. The character design in the game is awesome and I'd have loved to have seen it on screen.

I think it'll still be in that mind frame of dark and twisted since it's Tim Burton. One thing that I'm going to love about this though...Crispin Glover!

Ms.Shanti

ooooh i sooo want to see this..I love Alice in Wonderland...Any1 want to make that a makeup challenge?lol..
cutey.gif

Mabelle

I must say that i'm not excited.Tim Burton seems so uninspired. Everything he does has become predictable and cliche. He hires the same actors over and over again. All his movies have the same look. It was cool at first, but now it's just so pretentious and boring.

I really can't get excited about his stuff anymore.

abbey_08

i LOVE tim burton films!!! him and johnny depp are perfect partners they both seem to get eachother and have that dark but comic edge. im currently on my way to cornwall to kidnapp mr depp and make him my love slave!!!!!! love hiiiim!!!!!

not a huge fan of helena bonham-carter though i must say.

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabelle
I must say that i'm not excited.Tim Burton seems so uninspired. Everything he does has become predictable and cliche. He hires the same actors over and over again. All his movies have the same look. It was cool at first, but now it's just so pretentious and boring.

I really can't get excited about his stuff anymore.

Completely agree... But I do like Johnny Deep. I still might pass on this one ... burton's movies are all the same .... His style was cool at first and then it got old..

I liked Sweeny Todd, he was a perfect director for that
Edward scissor hands was original when it came out
But he Ruined Willy Wonka ... ,the new movie is CREEPY

aziajs

I love Johnny Depp but I swear once you have seen him play one weird character you have seen them all. My hand to God, if he plays The Riddler in the next Batman it will be just like this. I think he should start watching his movies so that he can see he's doing the same thing over and over.

Here is the teaser trailer:

ETA: The previous YT video was pulled so here is another link:

Alice In Wonderland Teaser Trailer Online! (Plus New Posters) - Screen Rant

OKAY, Disney must be pulling this from the internet like crazy because this doesn't seem to be working now either and I can't find another link. Well, I hope most of you got a chance to see it.
ssad.gif

User27

Huge Alice on Acid, I mean Alice in Wonderland fan here too. Johnny Depp is beast in almost anything he does too. Benny and Joon, Edward Scissorhands, Sweeny Todd, Sleepy Hollow, Chocolat, Pirates of the Caribbean, god the list is goes on and on. This guy is one of my faves because I love that he steps out on a limb to fill a role even though they're usually eccentric.

I mean 21 Jump Street and Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, okay the only two that I didn't like. Tim Burton always is genius with the way he does storylines and directs....freaking amazing. You have got me so hyped up because I was dreading the Harry Potter I have to go see with Jason. You all made my day.
choochoo.gif

There's a PC game called Alice I even keep on my comp from yesteryear....I love the Cheshire Cat, what can I say?
th_DANCE.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casadalinnis
There's a PC game called Alice I even keep on my comp from yesteryear....I love the Cheshire Cat, what can I say?
th_DANCE.gif

Yeah, American McGee's Alice. That's actually supposed to be made into a movie too and they announced earlier this year that they are going to be releasing another game in that series although I am not sure if it's a sequel or what.

Latest posts