Tips for getting Smolder to LAST on the waterline?

mdjmsj

I have a problem-Smolder, and basically every other eyeliner, has a tendency to just disappear from my waterline! I don't rub my eyes and they aren't particularly watery so I have no idea why this is happening, but does anyone have any tips to prevent it? Thanks!

RedRibbon

I found through random testing that the best thing to last on my waterline is either a)BB Gel Liner or b)Smashbox (or any other brand) cake liner.

I apply the cakeliner with this kinda brush:

Boots

It's a thick square eyeliner brush and for some reason when I use that with my cake liner, the liner doesn't budge. The cakeliner is an eyeshadow/liner so if you can't find a cake liner in your colour then just find a shadow but make sure it is matte.

User67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growing Wings
I use carbon to set my eyeliner on my waterline. Makes it really dark and lasts for ages.

I do this too, it helps a lot!

ForgetRegret

Quote:
Originally Posted by looovemac
Me too, lasts all night!!

Another vote for setting with carbon...but the other thing, too, is remember that smolder is a kohl pencil, it's meant to smudge, so it doesn't have great staying power in the waterline anyway. You're better off with a power point pencil or fluidline (blacktrack and blitz'n'glitz stay forever on me), plus, you can layer a pencil over a fluidline, and that helps the pencil stay on longer, too. HTH!
greengrin.gif

Destiny007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growing Wings
I use carbon to set my eyeliner on my waterline. Makes it really dark and lasts for ages.

Another vote for setting with carbon! It works!!!

User38

I use a kohl pencil and then set with gel liner -- either MAC or BB... I find this sets the kohl too.

kariii

I set with beauty marked.. I know it sounds weird.. but the purples in beauty marked just look so pretty on top of smolder (or any black liner) on waterline.

Latest posts