To call or not to call. (Sephora)

Sikfrmthemirror

Okay so last wednesday, I applied at Sephora. They said they were opening new stores and that there are positions available.

I want one of those spots so badly it hurts.

I talked to a girl who works there and she told me to call every monday until they agree to interview me haha. but im not sure what to do, or say in this phone call.

So, my question for all you ladies is, what should I say when I call?

Hi this is yara yara, I recently put in an application......hows it going?

so confused. Im not a total dope, but I just want to go about it all the right way.

Thank you all in advance.

sofabean

Hm, you can say

"Hi my name is blah blah. I put in an application (when) and I just wanted to do a follow up on it since I havent heard anything back."

Definitely call them because if they're getting a whole bunch of applications, it's easy to misplace one or for the meantime forget about one.

Sikfrmthemirror

I know a girl who works there, and she said she would make sure that my application got looked at. but she insisted on me calling back every monday.

thank you, im thinking about going in to talk to someone, because they dont seem to like to answer the phone.

Chrystia

Definitely call them and ask for the store director. But more than likely you will need to leave a message since I know mine doesn't take most of those calls. Just be patient and friendly. If employees think you are impatient or demanding they will let the store director know for sure.

angiela

I realized yesterday that a new Sephora opened in my city, and so I phoned on a whim, and reached the store director on the first ring. She seemed so nice, and we really hit it off, and she asked that I send in my resume. I faxed it to her direct line, and she phoned me back this morning to schedule an interview for Monday!
So definitely talk to the store director, as they seem to be the ones both in tune with the store needs and in charge of hiring.

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikfrmthemirror
Okay so last wednesday, I applied at Sephora. They said they were opening new stores and that there are positions available.

I want one of those spots so badly it hurts.

I talked to a girl who works there and she told me to call every monday until they agree to interview me haha. but im not sure what to do, or say in this phone call.

So, my question for all you ladies is, what should I say when I call?

Hi this is yara yara, I recently put in an application......hows it going?

so confused. Im not a total dope, but I just want to go about it all the right way.

Thank you all in advance.

I would totally call.

"Hi my name is blah blah and I turned in a app. on blank and I just wanted to check the status on my app."

What store is hiring? I am in Pasadena. If its not to far from me I would like to apply also.

Sikfrmthemirror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celly
I would totally call.

"Hi my name is blah blah and I turned in a app. on blank and I just wanted to check the status on my app."

What store is hiring? I am in Pasadena. If its not to far from me I would like to apply also.

Theres a store opening in montclair mall and one in riverside.

Celly

Thanks! those both are too far for me. They are also having a grand opening in the Santa Anita Mall in Arcadia. I just sent in my resume today. So now I have to wait on a response. I will be going to the grand opening on Thursday (7/3/08). I received a email for the free makeup bag. So that will give me a chance to get my bag and follow up with my app.

So did you end up calling if so what was the outcome?

Sikfrmthemirror

Quote:
Thanks! those both are too far for me. They are also having a grand opening in the Santa Anita Mall in Arcadia. I just sent in my resume today. So now I have to wait on a response. I will be going to the grand opening on Thursday (7/3/08). I received a email for the free makeup bag. So that will give me a chance to get my bag and follow up with my app.

So did you end up calling if so what was the outcome?

I called and I had a friend who keeps telling me to come back in and re-apply which i think is silly, its such a hassle.

So I applied at Ulta and I got a call back and interviewed TWICE! and they told me they would call back this week and its tuesday and I havent gotten a phone call. Im really worried haha. what do you think is going on? im so nervous i really want this job.

Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikfrmthemirror
I called and I had a friend who keeps telling me to come back in and re-apply which i think is silly, its such a hassle.

So I applied at Ulta and I got a call back and interviewed TWICE! and they told me they would call back this week and its tuesday and I havent gotten a phone call. Im really worried haha. what do you think is going on? im so nervous i really want this job.

I am with your friend. I emailed my resume to the Santa Anita Sephora and faxed it in. I really want to make sure they receive it. lol

Well as far as Ulta they did say they would call you back this week. The week isn't over yet. Sometimes when we want to work for a company so bad that we tend to forget we are not the only one applying for the position. So just relax and be patient. You obviously had done a good job and must have impressed them because already had two interviews. So far it sounds like your n your way to getting the job. Let me know how it goes.

Sikfrmthemirror

Quote:
I am with your friend. I emailed my resume to the Santa Anita Sephora and faxed it in. I really want to make sure they receive it. lol

Well as far as Ulta they did say they would call you back this week. The week isn't over yet. Sometimes when we want to work for a company so bad that we tend to forget we are not the only one applying for the position. So just relax and be patient. You obviously had done a good job and must have impressed them because already had two interviews. So far it sounds like your n your way to getting the job. Let me know how it goes.

I called back yesterday to check up cause I figured nothing by wednesday, and they are getting a new manager on Tuesday so theres a chance i might have to come in for a third interview. And that makes me feel better a second chance haha cause my first interview was great.

its between be and girl who already works for ulta at another store.

Latest posts