too much base?

Loveleighe

Hey i was just thinking about perfecting my base prior to foundation and now i have a question....
when prepping your face would a combination of
prep and prime face + strobe cream then completing the face and finishing it by spritzing Fix +
or
PPF + mositure lush cream
or
lightful daily moisturizer +PPF

be excessive or redundant for prepping your face?

MACATTAK

I don't think so. I usually moisturize after I get out of the shower, get dressed, hair etc (so the moisturizer has time to set) then prime my face for makeup. After my makeup is applied I apply my Fix+ over everything. I think it would be too much if you use your moisturizer and primer in quick succession.

erine1881

whatever you do, you want to apply moisturizer first, then p&p. p&p acts as double stick tape. it holds your moisturizer onto the face, keeping it locked in, and holds your foundation on as well. fix+ is a moisturizer as well (redundant to use moisturizer directly followed by fix+), so if you need or want to use fix+, i would use it first followed by p&p, or use your regular moisturizer followed by p&p, and save fix+ as the very last step to finish your makeup (it helps take down any powdery look, but DOES NOT set your makeup).

so, moisturizer + p&p + all other makeup + fix+
or
fix+ + p&p + all other makeup (+ more fix+ if you want)

does that help?

Loveleighe

yes it does thanks. I typically use a moisturizer right our out of the shower and use fix+ when i complete my makeup but since i never used P&P face i know it's a primer for foundation but i wasn't sure if applying it over a moisturizer would be a mess. From the suggestions made by you ladies i believe i can use it but should wait a little after my moistrizer is fully absorbed to do so. thanks again.