Too much lower lid space?

elektra513

Does anyone have any recs/tips on how to decrease the appearance of [puffy] lower lids? I have prominent eyes, and have not figured out how to make my eye makeup look complete? I often save pics of Tyra Banks to help with this, but I still can't get it right.

I have to use concealer to cover dark circles underneath my eyes, but I also want the looks I do to look "complete" so that it doesn't stick out and look puffy underneath. Can anyone relate, or help?

Thanks!

elektra513

Here's one of her. You can see that the color underneath is very neat and clean--how do I do that? And also with a color not so dark, without making the eye look puffy.

tyra_banks.jpg

And this one too. What color is that underneath the eye?
tyra_banks_5232417.jpg

aussiemacluvrrr

I have really prominent eyes and I struggle with this as well!!! If anyone has some tips it would be greatly appreciated!

Kyandii

I would suggest avoid wearing shimmery colours.
Dark and bold colours look amazing on prominent eyes.

I'm sorry I can't give you any more adivce. Good luck on your search though
smiles.gif

User38

When I have had a client with prominent eyes I will stick to mid tone and neutral shades. No shimmers or frosts except under the eyebrow for night.
If you want to emphasize the lower lid without it being too dark try a dark but not too dark cream shadow or liner -- one like a MAC Dipdown smudged softly will work or a BB Stone, Steel or Graphite . Do not use any plum or blue if you have under eye circles and try to stay away from greens too. Uppper liner should be thin and if possible tightlined.

The gels should be applied neatly and then smudged as definite lines will also make eyes seem more prominent.

elektra513

Thanks y'all for the tips!! I pretty much do what you all have suggested (no shimmer, etc) so that's cool that I'm on the right track hehe...

I guess I am just trying to figure out how far down to bring the color underneath my eye without looking crazy??
th_dunno.gif

And I use espresso underneath there and it's just wrong. So me thinks I need a different tone of brown...if that makes sense. I will try the Dipdown liner and see how it goes.

Here's a recent pic to show you what I'm working with. I didn't do any products under the eye except concealer/powder.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s...g?t=1264964570

Meisje

I love the way prominent eyes look --- you can be really creative with your lower lids.

yummy411

i don't have prominent eyes or large under eye lids, but i do have issues with the dark circles and lining my bottom lid. i favor a daytime smokey look, so what i do is use concealer (and corrector) from my bottom lashline to the tops of my cheeks (highlighting) and then line my waterline/lashline with blacK and smudge.. I then go under on the bottom lid with a shimmery brown color.. satin taupe, antiqued, bronze any of those deep shimmery colors... it gives a smokey darkness, but then because it's a bit shimmery it, will still reflect a bit and not be too dark. the pic i saw of elecktra513 you def have more space to come down. good luck and i hope you find something that works for you!

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meisje
I love the way prominent eyes look --- you can be really creative with your lower lids.

Really, you think so? Any suggestions for us, lol?
smiles.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by yummy411
i don't have prominent eyes or large under eye lids, but i do have issues with the dark circles and lining my bottom lid. i favor a daytime smokey look, so what i do is use concealer (and corrector) from my bottom lashline to the tops of my cheeks (highlighting) and then line my waterline/lashline with blacK and smudge.. I then go under on the bottom lid with a shimmery brown color.. satin taupe, antiqued, bronze any of those deep shimmery colors... it gives a smokey darkness, but then because it's a bit shimmery it, will still reflect a bit and not be too dark. the pic i saw of elecktra513 you def have more space to come down. good luck and i hope you find something that works for you!

Thanks for the encouragement, yummy411!

I'm gonna try what you mentioned here.

Latest posts