Topic ideas ...

XShear

Hey guys. I'm taking Eng 102, and it's based around an arguementive research paper. I've been racking my brain and haven't really thought of a topic that catchs my interest. The instructor said that we can't do topics that have been over used (abortion, assisted suicide, etc) and that we have to "want to learn" about the topic. I've looked through the currents events, and nothing has struck me as a topic I would like to write about.

So, I need some of your brilliant ideas to help kick start my thinking. I was wanting to do my research paper on Marie Antionette (sp), but haven't been able to find a topic regarding her, which is "arguementive". But, I'm open for anything, really.

th_confused_new.gif

Thanks gals.

SparklingWaves

How about those darn microchips for humans or that real ID card? (Shimmer has started a thread titled Real ID). This isn't going to just affect Americans. This is going to affect everyone.

MadchenRogue

Actually there is. Marie Antoinette was blamed for the French lack of resources ( in other words she was blamed for bankrupting france) but it was actually the wars when she previously became the queen that has bankrupted France long ago. Her assassination was more of a political statement that a true punishment for her spending habits. that is not to say she was a saint when it came to spending habits, but rather was a scapegoat in the end. This attitude has been present and you see why the French has this blame the person attitude rather than take accountability and point the finger where they actually should.

BUT..........

You could always write a paper on the decline standard of education, and lack of accountability by parents

How television has helped increase obesity among children

Why the push for Alternative gasoline has been slow in the U.S.A. compared to Brazil which is ethanol gas self-sufficient, Canada who is making strides as the next alternative gas producer and europe which makes ethanol gas from potatoes.

*I am a big history buff, watch and read countless of stuff........as you can tell*
And yes I graduated with a degree in Political Science and minored in History.
yes.gif

aeni

I agree on the RFIB/RFID. I recently read about it and it has me and my bf freaked out about where the future is headed.

Amymo

If it could be about ANYTHING!

I might consider children and celebrity body image
I wrote at college on westerners buying products from sweatshops - loads of interesting books on this - try Naomi Klein
Working mothers
Surrogacy
Parental roles in the family
Homelessness
FGM
(can you tell I'm a sociologist
smiles.gif
)

Simply Elegant

I would do something about the increasing amount of surveillance and society's acceptance of it increasing and lack of privacy.

Latest posts