Totally not getting the dewy look...

Le-Saboteur

Okay, so I have ridiculously dry skin and cannot for the life of me get the dewy look. Everything comes out looking powdery, but I really want that healthy glowy look. >.< I drink lots of water and keep my skin well moisturised... I've been using Moistureblend foundation (the MA recommended it ages ago) and apparently it's meant to give you the dewy look, but...? My skin isn't flaky at all, it just sucks the moisture out of everything.
thmbdn.gif

Any tips on how to achieve it when you have freakishly dry skin?

MACATTAK

Do you apply any powder after you use the foundation? If so, definitely skip that step. I would recommend using Fix+ before you put on your foundation, put on foundation & use more Fix+ on top of the foundation. It also helps to use the MSF's. I recommend putting some MSF on a brush, then spray it with (again) Fix+ and run it lightly all over your face. I'm a fan of Fix+ can you tell?? Seriously, it does help though
smiles.gif

purrtykitty

Have you tried Moisturelush Face Cream? I've been using it and I love it...no more dry skin. Using a nice moisturizer underneath your foundation will probably help a lot.

revinn

Put on a heavy Clinique moisturizer at night and just before you put on your makeup. Blend a bit of Strobe Cream with your liquid foundation, and spray Fix + liberally over whatever else you use. Dab more Strobe Cream on the cheekbones, and voila, dewy skin.
smiles.gif

Le-Saboteur

Thanks for your replies, everyone!

I only use a powder when I have to ULTRA CONCEALERIZE spotty bits, like a wee bit on my chin, otherwise have been using an MSF Natural (very lightly). Were you meaning a frosty/shimmery one, MACATTACK?

I'll definitely look into getting some Moisturelush... just YouTubed it and the results look pretty good. And looks like Fix + as well, heh. I use Dramatically Different moisturiser for Dry - Very Dry skin after I cleanse/tone. Usually there's about half an hour between when I pat it on to when I start applying make up, I'll try lessening the amount of time.

MACATTAK

^^ Yes, sorry I didn't clarify. The shimmery ones, or something frosty (Vanilla pigment would work too) on top of your foundation
smiles.gif

Kiseki

For a fabulous dewy look, you can try Giorgio Armani's Hydra Glow Foundation or Designer Shaping Foundation.

KittieSparkles

I just noticed that you use toner. What kind of toner do you use? I have really dry skin and once I switched all my products to alcohol free or very little alcohol I noticed that my skin stopped sucking the moisture out of everything. I still have dry skin but it is not as bad any more. Also, like Macattak I Fix + everything to death...hehehe.. I love that stuff.

smellyocheese

I have really fry skin too and anything with talc just floats on my skin. I finally got to try something called BB cream and it's amazing! It not only helps to camouflage minor flaws and even out skin tone but it gives my skin that uber dewy look that lasts the whole day. I'm not sure if you could get the product where you are though as it's more famous in Asian countries. The product is derived from Korea

Simply Elegant

If you're using the Clinique toner, that's going to make it a lot worse. LUSH has one called eau roma and it's so nice. It doesn't dry out my skin at all. Proactiv has a really good one too. I think they're really similar.

ratmist

Do you use moisturisers in general as part of a skin care routine? If so, what do you use? It may not be doing the job.

I'm just like you. But I found that when I use a small amount of Elizabeth Ardens 8 hour cream at night the next morning there is no dry patches at all, my skin feels so nice.

frocher

Try fix+, and maybe a heavier moisturizer. Also try Nars Albatross, it gives an amazing glow to the skin.

clamster

Use an oil cleanser like DHC, Decleor or some moisturizing cleanser. A good rich moisturizer should help. Jurlique's Calendula cream is REaLly good for dry skin. When you first apply it, it's really sticky but let it sit and it will absorb and will feel nice. Also spray Fix+ or that evian H2O spray... I haven't seen that around in a while. Also don't use a toner w/ alcohol.

GreekChick

Try the Studio Stick foundation instead, it's a GODSEND.
Use a heavy moisturizer underneath, and make sure to exfoliate regularly with a soft, gentle scrub.

xxsgtigressxx

Lots of moisturizer, primer, creamblush, and if your skin still looks dry, i put a bit of dazzleray pigment in my fix +, i shake it b4 i spritz it on and it gives me a nice even glow
smiles.gif

swt_int3ntions

have you tried the strobe liquid from MAC?
I tried it yesterday, my skin is combination and I might have put a little too much but it gave me a very dewy look all night..
I got it as a sample first just incase my skin had any reactions too it so you could give that a try...you only need very little and you wear it under your foundation

hope that helps!

ms_bloom

I find putting makeup on straight after moisturiser or sunscreen works best; having that slightly moist finish helps makeup glide on better over dry skin. My current favourite foundation is BB Luminous - it's dewy but not obviously shimmery. My personal challenge is finding a concealer that doesn't need powdering in order to not crease *and* to not get my mascara smudging under the eye. It looks funny to have powder under my eye and nowhere else! Then like someone else said, cream blush and maybe even cream eyeshadows. I'm also really loving slightly shimmery powder blushes (MAC Plum Foolery, NARS Sin, NARS Orgasm) even though I've always been a matte blush person. It just gives the cheek this glow that doesn't look as flat as matte blush.

Latest posts