Traveling neccesities

erica_1020

I recently returned from a work trip to San Diego. Returning to TX our flight was delayed and e missed our connecting flight which means staying in a crummy hotel and no extra clothes or toiletries.

I am interested what you all carry on. I have a great list but usually check most stuff because I have this awesome case that holds all makeup, toiletries, etc. and it is nice but doesn't have a long strap and is awkwardly shaped to fit inside another carryon bag.

Anyway. Let us all know what you carry and pics of bags and/or names and size of them would be good

xxManBeaterxx

I was in a similar situation as you, except my luggage got lost at a random airport and they couldn't locate it for a whole week, by then my trip was over and ruined. I always put my clothes and shoes in the big luggage but every else gets carried on including all electronics and makeup.

I have a carry on luggage which is the largest size your able to carry on. I have my tooth paste, tooth brush, floss, mouth wash, razor, and q-tip in a large zipper bag. Then I have my comb, soap, and a small bottle of shampoo and conditioner. I bring my perfume along too. Then my camera and laptop goes in there plus i put the rest of my makeup inside.

anita22

I pretty much carry on as much as I can in terms of toiletries (given the restrictions on carrying liquids), plus my small go-everywhere makeup bag and anything valuable. For my toiletries (shampoo, etc) I decant all my regular products into small bottles, so that it's not too heavy or big to carry them all with me. If I'm travelling quite far away I'll generally take some extra clothes in my hand luggage, even if it's just a fresh set of underwear and a clean shirt.

InspiredBlue

I don't check my bag whenever I can avoid it. Anything I need for up to a week (and possibly more) can fit in a standard carry on sized wheeled suitcase. Really I want to get one that is just a bag with a shoulder strap, since you loose quite a bit of both the allowed size and weight to the wheels and the sturdy frame that those types of bags have.

This is an interesting site: Leisure and Business Travel Packing List - Travel Light with One Bag! While that guy may seem a bit extreme, he has lots of good points and ideas.

Latest posts