• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Tut for my xsparkage contest entry FOTD - Asian cut crease =D

PinkPearl

Hi everyone!!
A couple of people requested a tutorial for this FOTD I posted a while back. I'm sorry it took me a while to do this, but here it is
greengrin.gif

Here's the link to the original FOTD I posted:
http://www.specktra.net/forum/f166/c...sses-d-140374/

Enjoy!

I've been getting positive feedback about my brows, all thanks to Ruby_Woo's excellent brow tutorial!!

Here's what my brows look like before
shockt.gif
and and after
greengrin.gif

01-1.jpg
02-1.jpg

I'll show you quickly how I do mine..
I use dipdown fluidline and a brow brush from Posh.
03.jpg

Underline your brows.
04.jpg

Flick the brush to create the tail.
05.jpg

This is what it looks like so far.
06.jpg

Then I just fill it in! On my lazy days, such as today, I skip the brow powder to set it
tong.gif

07.jpg

Ta-da!
08.jpg

Alright, now on to the tutorial...
Here's the look I'm trying to recreate:
editDSC00092.jpg

Prime your eyes with UDPP
09.jpg

Apply Brule with big brush (#227)
10.jpg

11.jpg

Take Costa riche eye kohl and sharpen it until it's pointy to maximum precision. The technique I'm using is pretty much based on Nireyna's technique
th_worship.gif

12.jpg

Find your eye socket, usually by looking down (even though I'm looking up in this picture
th_LMAO.gif
)
13.jpg

Just draw a line by following your eye socket, starting from the middle. Everyone has a crease, even though it's not always visible. Mine aren't that prominent. I do have a fold, but that's not the same as a crease.
14.jpg

16.jpg

Lay your pencil flat on the line and sort of flick upwards.
17.jpg

Connect it with your outer corner of your eye.
18.jpg

This is what it should look like so far.
19.jpg

Now lay a flat brush (#212) that has nothing on it flick the brush upwards to blend the liner.
20.jpg

21.jpg

Use the same flat brush and get some eye liner on it.
22.jpg

Continue cutting the crease inwards. This look I'm going for is an extreme cut crease, which goes all the way in. Kind of looks like a pocket
tong.gif

23.jpg

So your basic shape is done now!
24.jpg

Compare that to a plain eye:
25.jpg

Now take another flat eyeshadow brush (#242) and dip it into Clarity. Apply it by pressing it on top of the crease you just made and again flick it upwards.
26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Take another flat brush (Quo definer brush) and use Ricepaper as your highlight.
29.jpg

30.jpg

Take an angle brush (#266) and Meet the fleet. Press the brush right on top of the crease line and blend/flick upwards. I know, there's lots of flicking
winks.gif

31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg

With a smaller brush (#228), take Deep truth and apply it in between the 2 colors.
34.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

I lost some of that Clarity, so I'm going back in to touch up where needed.
37.jpg

38.jpg

Blend the colors with a 224 brush.
39.jpg

40.jpg

Apply Pure white chromaline with a flat brush on your lid. If you get any white on your already defined crease, just go back in with the #266 and Meet the fleet to re-define your crease. You can also use Fascinating eye kohl, NYX Jumbo pencil or any white base you like.
41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

Apply Gesso on top of the white base.
44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

Line your eyes with whatever technique you prefer.
Take a fluffy brush (Mine is from Quo) and apply Bright sunshine on the inner corner.
48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

I put on my mascara (Rimmel Sexy Curves) and I used Smolder eye kohl to line my waterline.
52.jpg

53.jpg

The tricky part is just getting both sides even.
Add some falsies (Ardell #117) and the eyes are done!
54.jpg

For the cheeks, I'm using Frankly Scarlet blush and a 187 brush to apply it.
55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

I'm using Moon River and the 165 brush to highlight my cheekbones.
58.jpg

59.jpg

60.jpg

Put on your lipliner (NYX Mauve), lipstick (Jubilee) and lipgloss (Love nectar).
61.jpg

62.jpg

63.jpg

PS: How beautiful is my Mercenary nail polish?!!
greengrin.gif

And we're finally done!!
th_DANCE.gif

64.jpg

65.jpg

67.jpg

(Have you guys ever noticed that I always line one of my eyes thicker than the other? lol.. It's because one eye is smaller than the other, in case you're wondering :p)
66.jpg

68.jpg

69.jpg

Oh yeah, btw I know that the shape isn't completely even on both sides. My battery was dying so I had to rush it. I wasn't planning on going anywhere anyways
cutey.gif

Thanks for bearing with me guys! I hope you find this tutorial useful
smiles.gif

MissResha

i swear i hate cut creases on myself, but they always look great on other people. nice job hun, very pretty!

User27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype83
This is so pretty and your blending above the crease is sooo nice!

2nd this notion.
yes.gif

Latest posts