UD De Slick Working For You All?

Twinkle_Twinkle

Maybe it's too soon and maybe I'm expecting too much, but I'm not really seeing any oil-control with this product (which is exactly the same as Skindinavia's "No More Shine Makeup Finish" if you want to look up reviews).

I've been wearing it to work (and I wait tables) so perhaps that's unfair and I just need to use it in a normal environment. The jury is still out on this one. Anyone else have any opinions on the product?

tthelwell

It's been working for me but I sit at a desk most of the day. Plus I use MAC Oil Control Lotion as a primer too so the combo is working out for me so far...
th_dunno.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Update:

I think I am throwing in the towel. This product seems to make my T-Zone oiler, faster. It's going back me thinks.

Cocosmith

I just bought this product, its the one for oily skin. Anyway I LOVEEEEEEEEEE it. I'm very oily and I have this flawless, non oily look the majority of the day. I spray it on my face before and after I apply makeup. I'm sorry you didnt like it.

SweetSweetIrony

I was hesitant to buy it, and after I did I wondered if that was wise since All Nighter was getting much better reviews. I heard so many mixed reviews on this, that I just decided I'd have to get it and try it for myself.

I have combination skin, but my T-zone gets very oily as time goes by, especially if I'm wearing foundation and make-up. I have oil control primers that I use, but the idea of a spray seemed easy and ideal for summer even if I wouldn't be putting anything else on. So I tried it recently to wear to a party. I love it. Easy to apply, creates a fine mist, felt nice on my face and didn't leave behind a greasy (bug spray type) residue. I applied before primer and make-up and after I was done, and this definitely set my make-up. Wore it while drinking, in a warm house full of people. This really did keep my face shine free, despite drinking and eventually feeling a bit sweaty. I also slept in it, the next day I asked a guy friend if my make-up still looked the same and he said it did.

I was skeptical, but this gets a big thumbs up from me. I also have the De-Slick pressed powder, it works just as well as the spray and feels smooth on my skin.

Meisje

Oil control primers make me oilier and give me instant blackheads, so I'd be hesitant to fork out for a product like this.

ssaemblog

I got a sample of this back in August or something when I purchased something else. I loved it! I wouldn't pay full price for it though.

MrsBombshell

I purchased this, not knowing it was the exact same as the Skindinavia No More Shine Spray (which did nothing for me). They are the same product, just packaged differently. Total waste of money.

erin00312

i don't use it as much as i should! but i got it on sale so at least i have it, it works but not that big of a difference

sagehen

I just got a sample of the de-slick mattifying gel a nd, used in concert with the spray and it does work, but that is an expensive combo.

butterflyeyes

I have 2 bottles of it (the XL bottle I got on the clearance sale and a bottle of the new packaging). It makes my oily skin oilier...I've tried it a couple of times and the results are the same. I really want to make it work but it just doesn't seem to want to play well with my skin. I'll probably see if I can sell one bottle and keep using the one I've tested on others that I do makeup for...and systematically checking if it will ever work for me lol.

KrystalAnne

I have 2 bottles of it (the XL bottle I got on the clearance sale and a bottle of the new packaging). It makes my oily skin oilier...I've tried it a couple of times and the results are the same. I really want to make it work but it just doesn't seem to want to play well with my skin. I'll probably see if I can sell one bottle and keep using the one I've tested on others that I do makeup for...and systematically checking if it will ever work for me lol.
I purchased this after hearing/reading good reviews for oil control last year and to be honest, i really think it also made my skin oilier (in a weird way too). The oil was sticky and gross and it wasn't that way before. Since, I have picked up All Nighter and this hasn't happened so far.

butterflyeyes

I purchased this after hearing/reading good reviews for oil control last year and to be honest, i really think it also made my skin oilier (in a weird way too). The oil was sticky and gross and it wasn't that way before. Since, I have picked up All Nighter and this hasn't happened so far.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one that found this doing the opposite of what it said!

Latest posts