Using baby oil to take off eye makeup

bellaboomboom

Hi all! I use baby oil to take off my eye makeup - have since I've been a teenager. Anyone else? I have tried so many other prodcuts but they either burn my eyes or don't fully remove the makeup. The baby oil can't be bad for you, right? I figure I'm keeping my eyes moisturized as well.
dazzlekitty.gif

obscuria

I think it's about as bad/good for you as any eye make up remover, as long as you cleanse afterwards. I don't personally use it, but use a lotion that has oil in it (same effect I guess). I know a lot of people that use this technique to remove eye make-up though.

AngellFace

I've been removing my eye makeup with Pampers Unscented/Aloe baby wipes. I love it. Back in the day I used Andrea which I found too greasy and then Neutrogena oil free which IMO just didn't work. This is very economical, does a great job and doesn't break me out or irritate my skin in any way. Btw, I don't think the baby oil would hurt you :)

KIT

If you've been doing it for years, and its worked, why change it? Actually I think i'll try it...

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
The baby oil can't be bad for you, right? I figure I'm keeping my eyes moisturized as well.

If it works for you, that's awesome. I do want to clarify, though, that baby oil is generally just mineral oil, which actually cannot be absorbed by your body (through the skin or ingestion), so it's not actually moisturizing.

L1LMAMAJ

it's fine, don't worry. i've been using baby oil to remove makeup for years. just clean the oily residue afterwards.

GUMBY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaboomboom
Hi all! I use baby oil to take off my eye makeup - have since I've been a teenager. Anyone else? I have tried so many other prodcuts but they either burn my eyes or don't fully remove the makeup. The baby oil can't be bad for you, right? I figure I'm keeping my eyes moisturized as well.
dazzlekitty.gif

I use it too .. i agree ive tried other things but i always end up using baby oil and never had issues with it..

hello_kitty

That's what my mom has always used to remove hers! And I remember using it when I was a kid when I'd get into my play makeup, and then wanted to remove it like a big girl
greengrin.gif

I sometimes do it when I do swatches on my arm. I hate wasting one of my wipes on just removing stuff from my arm, so baby oil it is!

Kragey

I use actual make-up remover on my face, but I use olive oil to remove my swatches most of the time. I also use it on my hair.
smiles.gif

Dreamergirl3

Baby Oil is fantastic at removing makeup (or anything that's mostly mineral oil, like some cold creams) but I HATE the smell of baby powder so I don't use it. Instead I use Jojoba oil
greengrin.gif

Odette1303

I use sweet almond oil, always non-refined (because the refined one loses all the good properties). Great for taking eye makeup off, and also moisturizes my skin, which is always a plus.
thmbup.gif

User38

If Baby oil works for you keep it up! I myself use either jojoba oil or olive oil and then wash off with cleanser and water.

MizzTropical

Palmers makes a cocoa butter oil that is so yummy smelling! lol In the summer I tan with it cause its so moisturizing, it's really nice to remove eye makeup with too. It's basically baby oil but with extra vitamins/moisturizers and a fab foody scent!

Latest posts