Using lipliner with a different lipstick color

xcoco

Hi!

I never used lip liner before but I just started recently. Spice lip pencil from MAC is the only one I have for the moment LOL and I was wondering if the lip liner and lipstick HAVE to be the same color? Because I have alot of lipsticks & lipgloss and most are alot lighter than this lip pencil (I use mostly nude & light pink colors).

How can I make this lip pencil work with let's say myth lipstick? And how can I make it less obvious that I have lipliner on?

Thanks
smiles.gif

Goat Goat Etc.

There's no rule about liner and lipstick being perfect matching pairs. All that matters is that you blend that liner out on your lips so you don't look "funny". And by blending you can sheer the liner's color out making it less obvious.

xcoco

How do I blend the lip liner out? LOL (sorry for such a dumb question but I really am new to lipliners! haha)

Goat Goat Etc.

You'll notice that blended liner color layered under just a lipglass, or layered under a lipstick, or both a lipstick and lipglass gives you many different color variations, ergo, giving you tons of new lip looks.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcoco
How do I blend the lip liner out? LOL (sorry for such a dumb question but I really am new to lipliners! haha)

Line your lips as usual either lightly (not as much color) or heavy (bold) and blend out with a brush/your finger/ rubbing you lips together--your choice. Blend it out to the point where you don't have a definitive line on the inside but you have a semi-definitive one on the perimeter of your lips.

xcoco

Do I blend it out with my finger or a lip brush?

Editted - Sorry, didn't see your post.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Do I blend it out with my finger or a lip brush?

Editted - Sorry, didn't see your post.

Either way--it's your way that makes you most comfortable.

xcoco

Thanks alot!
smiles.gif
Also, do you have any lip liners to recommend me that would work with most lipsticks and lipgloss colors?

Goat Goat Etc.

Also, you can line your lips and color in the rest of your lips. Apply lipstick. lipgloss, both, or just wear the liner by itself.

thiscarmen

Quote:
Thanks alot!
smiles.gif
Also, do you have any lip liners to recommend me that would work with most lipsticks and lipgloss colors?

This isn't a MAC lipliner, but there's a Revlon one that's clear, so you can use it with anything.

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Thanks alot!
smiles.gif

Now that I can't. I feel that I can't because I have like 4-5 liners that are very different from the other and I feel that my preferences are not your preferences. Do you know what I'm saying?

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiscarmen
This isn't a MAC lipliner, but there's a Revlon one that's clear, so you can use it with anything.

th_LMAO.gif
Yes. Now that, a clear, would work with anything. lol

Latest posts