Viva Glam VI - quite soft (with update from MAC)

cinnamongurlee

within a 5 days, i found my lipstick starting to lean. i discovered that it is broken at the base. luckily i managed to salvage it and have to bring up the lipstick just a wee bit, and apply it gingerly.

so yes...this lipstick is a wee bit softer than other lustres. i have never had this happen to a MAC lustre lipstick before, and am generally very easy on my lipstick application.

so just a warning to be nice and gentle to your new Viva Glam VI lipstick upon application. we don't want anyone to cry over a broken lippie!

Juneplum

icon_eek.gif
i thought it was just mine! i've been using mine every day for a week, and the same thing happened to it.. hmm must ask about this..

Anatevka

this made me laugh cause i was at the mac counter this evening playing with the lipstick (i had bought the lipglass when it first came out.) and it waas actually broken at the base... in the actual store! aww, hahaha.

ette

My 15 Minutes is very soft...It isn't in the heat or anything either? I don't get it.

kattpl

Mine started after day 1!! But I also saved it... Glad to hear it's not just mine!

Kath

Brianne

My Charm Factor l/s is like that too - it's pretty much broken from the base, so I am super careful when I use it.

sexypuma

the same thing happened to me after 1 day! i got another one. i thought i did something wrong to it.

rubixio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne
My Charm Factor l/s is like that too - it's pretty much broken from the base, so I am super careful when I use it.

Mine too. It has marks on it from always rubbing on the tube when I twist it upwards. Annoying.

I'm getting the new viva glam lipstick tomorrow, hopefully it wont be doing the same.

Winthrop44

Mine is all chewed up looking about 2/3 of the way down, as if it's rubbing against something inside the tube.

rubixio

Well I went in to buy it, and they said they pulled it from the display. Another girl said MAC recalled them because they were breaking off. So...yeah, you guys are right!

I have to wait about 2 weeks or so for them to get new shipments.

Juneplum

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubixio
Mine too. It has marks on it from always rubbing on the tube when I twist it upwards. Annoying.

I'm getting the new viva glam lipstick tomorrow, hopefully it wont be doing the same.

mine did this too!!!!!!!!!!!!! wtf people??????
WTF2.gif
i returned it and they gave me a new one, but the same frickin thing happened dude!!! :confused: :confused: something has got to be wrong with the entire batch!

Winthrop44

I really think they were made too soft. I wore mine ALOT today without any l/l , reapplied a few times, and was horrified to see when I looked in the mirror that the color had bled big time into the tiny lines above my upper lip. I haven't had that problem with other lustres. I still love it, just won't wear it without l/l ever again.

Oh no! I just ordered mine off the website earlier today. I wonder if I'll get the recalled version now or one from the new shipment. :crap:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianne

Mine is like that as well. I thought it was just me.

DOLLface

I just bought my VGVI this morning and I've reaplied it a few times, haven't had any problems with it yet. Hopefully it'll stay that way.

Latest posts