We are a beauty Youtube channel? How can i promote us correctly within the guidelines?

shellygrrl

Staff member
14) Do not spam personal site URLs inside any post or private message. Registered and active members are permitted to have a link to a PERSONAL site in the signature area, but not in any part of posts or private messages. Links to sites with forum content and theme similar to Specktra.Net are not permitted, nor are they allowed to be promoted via the Private Messaging system. Abuse of this will result in your membership to the forum being terminated.
https://www.specktra.net/help/terms/

We also have a Shameless Promotions section where you are allowed one thread after you've reached a ten-post minimum and have been a member for at least a week.

shellygrrl

Staff member
You can say you have a video about a thing, but you cannot link to it or embed it directly. Just say there's a link to your channel in your forum signature (you are allowed to do that).

The point of that rule I shared is to encourage users to engage with the forums without doing self-promotion all the time.

Back in 2018 we had to change the Makeup Tutorials (especially the Video Tutorials) section to approved posts only because we had users posting solely to share their Youtube videos and never posting anywhere else. Some of them even tried to skirt around it by posting outside that part of the forums, but no.

So if i was to say" we have a video called makeup haul which you might be interested in, you can find a link to our youtube channel through our forum signature" is that ok? I would prefer to tailor this to people who are asking for something. For instance if someone asked about avant skin care products we for example have a video for that. So even though we promoting our selves we are helping people. I just want to make sure that we use the forum in the right way as this seems to be a great place to network and reach more people!

Latest posts