Wedding Face Help..

Kisbee

I'm doing my own wedding make-up in July and I need some suggestions! I went to a MAC counter, and got some great suggestions about eye make-up (Vex with Club in the crease highlighted with Shroom and Blacktrack with lots of eyelashes). I'm a NC20 with hazel eyes and dark brown hair and my dress is quite 50s/Greek statue-esque (if that helps).

I just don't know what to do with the rest of my face. I've got a foundation I like, Prescriptives Total Protection, and I actually quite like the milk of magnesia as primer trick, so I'll go with that.

But I always feel my face looks a bit..bleh. I have slightly oily skin and pink cheeks, so I spend a lot of time trying to get things to look matte, which I think may be part of the problem. Should I be looking at a highlighter/illuminator (and if so, which one)? I'd rather go with something shimmery rather than a blush to contour, but I do have a blush I like if I need it, but it's quite matte.

I'm really not a lipstick fan, so any lipstain+lipgloss suggestions (maybe a little red for a slightly 50s look) would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hilly

I have very similar skin...i go with a light foundation compact like clinique perfectly real makeup. Its so matte, but evens you out and imho- it looks pretty..not too cakey.HTH

Latest posts