Weight Loss Group

melliquor

Today is a new day... I am going to be good from now on and no more excuses to cheat or eat anymore crap.

I am going on a picnic today and will definately get tons of exercise from walking... just need to make sure that I pack a healthy picnic for the family. If i don't pack junk food, then i can't eat it.

Does anybody usually do really bad on the weekends? I find that is the hardest time for me to really stick to my diet because we usually go out somewhere... or you are with your kids and lets stop in mcdonalds or kfc.

Good luck to everybody today. I will check in when i get home tonite.

miss_dre

This thread is a great idea!!! I'm in!
I'm not overweight, but it wouldn't hurt at all to lose a few pounds!!
I was sooo hesitant about posting my stats, but i figured it wouldn't be fair to all the others who reluctantly posted theirs, so here goes. I'm 18, about 5'6 and 150lbs. Not too bad, but then again not too good, which is why I'm posting!
I live with my grandparents, so although I eat good meals, it's so hard to be super healthy about it, because my grandma's cooking is extremely fatty. Very good, but very bad for me. Im sure in moderation it wouldn't be as bad, but it's hard because I don't do the groceries, and dont want to turn down any of her meals because she does work hard.

Also, in february 08, I signed up for a year's gym membership. I pay $22/bi-weekly.... and stupid me has only gone once
thmbdn.gif
It's so bad, I know... Plus! Both of my jobs are in the mall, where the gym i belong to is conveniently located downstairs...

Anyways, enough rambling. I will do my 10 minutes of excercise when the sun comes up; I will go for a walk/jog around the block. And as for my food intake, I will post that later tonight at the end of the day! I too, have a slight problem with binging at night. Although I've been doing better lately, I still need improvement!

rbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by melliquor
Today is a new day... I am going to be good from now on and no more excuses to cheat or eat anymore crap.

I am going on a picnic today and will definately get tons of exercise from walking... just need to make sure that I pack a healthy picnic for the family. If i don't pack junk food, then i can't eat it.

Does anybody usually do really bad on the weekends? I find that is the hardest time for me to really stick to my diet because we usually go out somewhere... or you are with your kids and lets stop in mcdonalds or kfc.

Good luck to everybody today. I will check in when i get home tonite.

Melliquor,
I have a HORRIBLE time on the weekends. I feel lazy and even though I am working, I have it in my head that, hey, it's the weekend, I"m supposed to splurge.

I did pretty decent yesterday. Except that around midnight I couldn't handle it anymore from the caffeine and sugar withdrawals so I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Probably couldn't have picked a worse item to eat, but I didn't have anything else and I refused to go to the store and binge.

So, still no DP's. However, I literally feel like I might be dying. I think I might need to eat some extra fruit today b/c I've been trying to quit sugar as well and I think stopping caffeine and sugar at once cold turkey was not such a great idea.

Anyway, going to have some coffee again. Hope it helps.

Good luck at your picnic. I know you'll do great. I'm getting my 10 minutes in at my open house today. I spend about an hour running around putting out signs in 100 degrees weather and then I have to open up about 10 units that have 3 flights of stairs each. I think that should do it for me....

Let me know how you do and just remember we are all in this together. We can do it!!!

rbella

Awww, don't kill yourself over it. Just make sure to do your 10 minutes again today and decide what your goals for today are. Also, did you eat well the rest of the day?

Today-no DP's again for me, no damned late night eating and 10 minutes of exercise...

MzzRach

Hey people how is everyone? rbella you are my hero you are so strong!!

My food has been horrible the last couple of days, I have gotten the exercise in but I can't seem to stop eating.....WTF?

Sometimes I truly wish that eating was not pleasurable at all. *sigh*

*slaps herself in the face* OK - get it together! I will do better from now on.

XO to all

miss_dre

MzzRach, when you get hungry, and you kinda know you shouldnt eat beacuse you already ate, try drinking some water. You might just be thirsty.
smiles.gif

My day is going well-ish so far... So I didn't get to go on that walk/jog when the sun came up this morning like I had planned, but my grandfather was hospitalized last night so my mind was elsewhere... But!! I had a coffee and a banana muffin this morning, and a glass of orange juice, and I think I will go make myself half of an everything bagel with just a bit of light cream cheese before I go off to work.
yes.gif

rbella, you are an inspiration to me! You are doing so well with your DP situation, and I really do believe that in a matter of days, you wont even be tempted by it! Maybe it's kind of like quitting smoking, there's a three day hump where it's terribly hard, and you go through withdrawal, but after those three or so days, your body adjusts! I wish you all the best!!

glam8babe

ok so today was going well until i had a pizza!!!!!!! dam haha

never mind :p i'll make sure i something healthy later on

pretebrowneyes

uh hi....

Not so good last night or this morning. Last night I got home and discovered that my children had LIED to me about the deep cleaning they had done. Then had the nerve to have attitude!!! Soooooooooo, I had a chicken and swiss sammich (all good).... andthensentmyboyfriendforsomeicecream...(yeah I was trying to rush that out). Then this morning, woke up late, forgot about my cereal bar and had Jack in the Crack for breakfast. This is my cycle almost every time I try to get healthy...get all hyped up, something makes me mad and i eat badly, then I feel like I've messed up and all is lost so why not have some cookies (sorry for that run on). SO. Now, I'm about to go walk my puppy Herbie and take a bottle of water with me. ALso, no 10 min for me yesterday because I was too busy stewing over the kiddos. Today is a new day and all is not lost. I hope all of you ladies are having wonderful days and if anyone fell...let's all get back up again and do this!!!! Goin to walk the dog...will check back later

rbella

Mzzz Rach-thank you so much! Maybe you can't stop eating b/c you are exercising? Why don't you try eating when you are hungry, not limiting yourself to certain amounts, but instead only eat healthy foods? Maybe that will help? But, I understand. I wish food didn't taste so damned good. After my PB&J error last night, I realize that it is just filling a void (boredom at the time).

I've noticed that 9 times out of 10 when I really want to eat, what I end up eating is not even something that I love or "have to have". I'm just eating to eat. I'm trying to do that intuitive thinking where I actually stop myself before I eat and ask myself "Are you really hungry?" "Do you really have to have that?" and midway through eating I stop and check to see if I'm full. It's hard to get used to, but it's kinda helping.

Dre-I'm so sorry about your grandfather. Honestly, exercising would be the last thing on my mind. You just need to take care of you. Thanks for calling me an inspiration, I don't feel like one! Let us know how your grandfather and you are doing.

Glam-You can do this!! So you had pizza? Screw it! It doesn't mean the rest of the day is ruined! You can pick yourself up and still do it!

Pete-I'm a total emotional eater so I know how you feel. Maybe next time instead of just immediately gravitating for food, you can stop and really think about how it will make you feel. Maybe good for a minute, but how will you feel an hour later? Or the next day? If it was me it would just make me more pissed that the situation I was in encouraged me to eat. You can do this too, you're doing great!! Get your 10 minutes in so Skylar doesn't come after us with a whip!!!!!

MzzRach

Allright babes - no beating ourselves up about pizza, ice cream, jack in the crack, whatever!

My thought is this - when it's time to eat next, it's another new opportunity to eat right.

My eating has been sh*te the last 48 hours, but you know what? I'm going to look through my weight watchers cookbook this afternoon and then do some smart shopping. And none of my trigger foods are coming into this flat.

And then I'll take a walk. Yes, that is the plan.

Hang in people!

XO

pretebrowneyes

hey ladies...

ok, back from walking the furbaby and i feel pretty good. The bf is watching a movie so I'll go do some moving in there to keep the heart moving. Thanks so much rbella and mzzrach....this group is really helping me keep honest and also is so motivating to keep going..

Another tip I got is to start and keep a journal. Not just about food but emotions and life....I think that will keep me from emotionally eating. Instead of taking that ice cream bite, go sit and write about how i feel. And if I do eat badly, I'll just write about how I'm feeling so that when those feelings come back again, I can go to my journal for help. So, my new challenge is to also write in my journal at least once a day...anyone want to join me?

As far as giving up vices..I only have 2 that are daily...cigs and caffeine (coffee and diet sodas). I don't know which to give up...let me think and write for a few and I'll let ya'll know what I decide

SkylarV217

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbella
So, still no DP's. However, I literally feel like I might be dying. I think I might need to eat some extra fruit today b/c I've been trying to quit sugar as well and I think stopping caffeine and sugar at once cold turkey was not such a great idea.

Anyway, going to have some coffee again. Hope it helps.

Okay I have a few problems....

1.) Don't give up too much at once .... you are giving up Caffeine. Don't give up sugar at the same time.... at least not ALL sugar. Natural sugar is fine and good for you. If you want to give up something give up unnatural sugar.

2.) Your coffee BETTER be decafe or you are only prolonging your withdrawal symptoms, or are undoing all the work you have put in thus far.

That being said Keep up the good work... Weekends aren't lazy days they are days that allow you to do more. See if you and the hubby can get out and do something different.

SkylarV217

MAYBE we shouldn't just give up all the things we love .... Maybe we should just moderate how much of those good things we eat....

If you take out all the things you love, you are setting yourself up got failure.

Allow yourself "treats". That way you are less likely to "mess up"

x.DOLLYMiX.x

I thought I would post what I have been doing to achieve my weightloss. I have been on weight watchers for two days doing the points system. Haha yeah two days but I usually only last one
greengrin.gif

I was working today
ssad.gif
and in the canteen they have vending machines
ssad.gif
so I couldnt resist and had crisps
ssad.gif
but its nearly 9.00pm here and I have kept within my points and still have two points left
greengrin.gif

glam8babe

Quote:
Originally Posted by x.DOLLYMiX.x
I thought I would post what I have been doing to achieve my weightloss. I have been on weight watchers for two days doing the points system. Haha yeah two days but I usually only last one
greengrin.gif

I was working today
ssad.gif
and in the canteen they have vending machines
ssad.gif
so I couldnt resist and had crisps
ssad.gif
but its nearly 9.00pm here and I have kept within my points and still have two points left
greengrin.gif

i really want to join weight watchers! how are you liking it so far?

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe

Iam not going to the meetings, I have no way to get there so Iam doing it on my own. Its actually really good Iam not hungry at all which is rare. I dont feel as if Iam on a diet because I still get to eat what I want but I cant go over my points.

I was looking at the book and a whole tube of pringles is 20 points :O:O:O That is my daily allowance. I could eat that in about 30 mins haha.

You can buy the points book off ebay and just do it yourself, most people get between 20-25 points but I could be wrong.

rbella

I'm doing WW and it is really helping me. I don't know if I could quit the DP's without it.

Sky-in the am I make decaf. The smell helps me wake up. If migraines get unbearable, I have a ttle caffeine...

melliquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by glam8babe

I am doing WW as well... it is really good. Like Dolly said, you can eat what you want as long as you don't go over. It makes you think that you can either have a whole meal for about 7 points or a chocolate bar. WW helps you to think differently about food and how to eat properly.

I wish I could just stick to it. I did so bad today... ate so much crap but like somebody said... tomorrow is another day and will stick to it then. I did about 2 hours walking... so did do lots of exercise.

Brittni

Pretebrowneyes -- Eating like that when something triggers you to ultimately only makes you feel WORSE, so why do you keep doing it to yourself? As mentioned, I'm on Atkins and right now I'm in a very *serious* and stressful roommate situation (just ask Skylar! LOL) to the point of coming home every night. A specific company here, Dough Works, makes the best brownies I've EVER had...and my mom bought a pan and had them in the freezer for a while now. One night after coming home, I opened the freezer on accident and saw them... But I knew I wouldn't let somebody ELSE ruin MY pursuit to weight loss...and I knew it would only make me feel bad about myself and potentially really get off track.

The sooner you can truly recognize things like that and be your own motivation in your head as well, the sooner you will succeed.

As for me. I'm a lazy a$$! I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday. I'm going to go get dressed and go tonight before they freakin' close!

EXCERSIZE IS NON-NEGOTIABLE.

Latest posts