• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Wet 'N' Wild Color Icon palette

Kragey

Overall Rating: 4
Price [Value]: 5
Packaging Quality: 3

I bought Lust and have been absolutely LOVING it! It's great for simple work looks AND for a smoky night look. All of the shades are gorgeous, but my favorite colors are probably the matte nude on the top left, the blue-gray metallic shade on the middle right, and the blackish purple with red sparkle on the bottom right. They're all AMAZINGLY pigmented and blend like a dream! Plus you can usually get these for about $5...totally worth every penny! The mattes ARE a wee bit chalky, but nothing too extreme, and they're crazy pigmented.

I think my main problem with these palettes is the color range. I feel like they need to come up with some more combinations, and definitely a neutral or cool-toned neutral palette (as Vanity is quite warm). Also, the packaging is pretty flimsy, but that's common with WnW.

Video review:

YouTube - Review: Wet n' Wild Lust eyeshadow palette + FOTD

I have swatches on MUA: http://img.makeupalley.com/7/4/3/4/1752373.JPG

wquty77

I have just jumped on the W'n'W bandwagon, and i'm here to stay!! These are absolutely amazing shadows! They are creamy and SUPER PIGMENTED!!! I love them sooooo much!!

Copperhead

I can't believe WnW has come up like this. This is definitely not your 70's or 80's WnW. I wore Lust palette today and absolutely loved it. I've been on a serious WnW kick lately. A few months ago I picked up the Vanity palette and about a month or 2 ago I picked up the Blue Had Me At Hello 8-palette. Last week Rite Aid had them BOGO free but the store I went to didn't quite have what I was looking for so I ended up just getting the Creme Eyeliner and the Liquid Eyeliner, both in black. Spent $4.35 for both. I was stoked! And I really, really like both of them. One of my local grocery stores has them on sale right now BOGO free so I picked up the Lust palette, Cool As A Cucumber e/s trio, 901B lipstick, and a purple eyeliner. There are a few more things I'm looking to get as soon as Walgreens has another sale.

heart

i've seen a lot of reviews/tutorials on these palettes and really want to try but i have so much makeup as it is. ahhh! maybe if one of our local drugstores has a sale i'll make the plunge...

Copperhead

i've seen a lot of reviews/tutorials on these palettes and really want to try but i have so much makeup as it is. ahhh! maybe if one of our local drugstores has a sale i'll make the plunge...
You're bound to find at least a couple you'll like. Even though they're really cheap already, every Sunday I hound my local drugstore ads looking for a sale. LOL!

heart

girl, i just saw christine's/temptalia's review on the sweet as candy trio and have half-decided to go to the store this weekend to buy at "LEAST" one...

You're bound to find at least a couple you'll like. Even though they're really cheap already, every Sunday I hound my local drugstore ads looking for a sale. LOL!

MakeupJane

I've recently stopped wearing my Urban Decay Naked palette and use Vanity nearly every day. The colors are so much prettier on my eyes. With a little primer potion, they last and last and the darkest color works great as a liner. I also love Egyptian Sands (a trio from WnW which isn't Color Icon).

ra143

i gave in and finally got the naked palette and its such a huge let down.... for the past year I have had most wnw trios, depotted and stored in an inglot magnetic palette and honestly they are far better than UD naked. Far far better!

Sleepykat

I have the Lust and the Vanity palette, and I love them both. The only disappointment for me was the middle purple on the left; it stains my skin red, applies unevenly, and fades. The rest are totally worth the low price. I tend to reach for them more than my MAC shadows.

Shantastic

I really want to find a Vanity Palette. I heard that they are in the Dollar General right now in a set with the greed palette. I gotta to try to find it.

Sleepykat

I dont see all the hype in WnW they dont show up well without a primer
That's probably true. But many people, myself included, always wear an eyeshadow primer anyway. Wet n Wild shadows are very hit or miss, but the hits are pretty great. And because the price is so low, it's okay if there are some misses in a palette. In contrast, if there is even one miss in a MAC palette, it's unacceptable for the price point, in my opinion.