What a rip off

stronqerx

The 88 palette is being sold for $59! I feel bad for anybody who buys it from there!

Eye Shadow 88 Palette from Overstock.com

That's just wrong
nope.gif

Ziya

I bought mine from Shoppers Drug mart a year and a half ago...before all this craze with CS started...for $60 canadian...Cry with me guys...
greengrin.gif

HeavenLeiBlu

They're ripping people off with that other palette too, as well as the badger brush set. I guess all the cheap items are loss leaders so that people can get ripped off later with stuff like this.

stronqerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenLeiBlu
They're ripping people off with that other palette too, as well as the badger brush set. I guess all the cheap items are loss leaders so that people can get ripped off later with stuff like this.

wow I just saw that now...that's crazy.

VIC MAC

OMG - they will send it to Denmark for 52 Euro which is 65.82$ are they insane! I can get it of an german website for 21 Euro which is 26.85 $.

MzzRach

Hmmm, never thought to look for cosmetics on Overstock.com!
lol.gif
That's highway robbery for that palette they are listing....

I do love my memory foam ottomans I bought from them, but I'll pass on the cosmetics, thanks.
winkiss.gif

Meisje

There's a makeup store in downtown Toronto that sells the CS palettes for over $50 as well. Luckily for me I Googled before purchasing from them.

Wow is what I say too!! I know the 88 Ultra Shimmer palette is around $25 from Coastal Scents, and I have seen other threads about the palettes (the 120 etc), as well as the 88 palettes (both matte and shimmer) coming from China and Coastal Scents just putting a name on them. Well, I think that is correct and why not! They are perfectly safe (I saw that question come up too). They are very highly pigmented and blend well. But there are several more palettes being offerred now too! You can naturally find them all on Ebay, coming out of Hong Kong, there are two 120 palettes now, you can get the entire 240 set (01 and 02) together, there are the new "Wales" palettes, the 28 neutral nudes palettes, 96 palettes, 78 palettes! And they are ALL awesome! Most of these are either just in the shiny black palette, or a matte black palette, and yes Coastal Scents just puts their name on it I beleive. The 120 palettes, etc, have the name "Manly" or Beauties Factory, which are one and the same, and Wales says the name also. I ordered almost all of these palettes, have created countless looks with them, and find them all to be simply fantastic!!

Now one thing I will mention though, is that even the $25 is too much for the 88 palette, not when you can get it from a good Powerseller on Ebay for as little as $12.00 (or as high as $50 if you don't shop around). But really, why pay Coastal Scents more money? They didn't actually put their name ON the palette, its the same palette! I ordered my first 88 from them, and recently ordered the Ebay one to compare...they are one and the same palette!

Latest posts