What are YOU thankful for?

melozburngr

It is definitely that time of the season, and in my blog I addressed it, but I thought I'd post it here...

I'm thankful...
...for my family, who support me in all of my decisions, no matter how harebrained.
...for my friends, who befriended me despite my goofy looking exterior and even goofier personality.
...for you. Thank you for being who you are.
...for my job, which is expanding my horizons, and pays my bills.
...for the amazing people that I've met in my life that have molded who I am.
...for Wendy's Dollar Menu, cause it is tasty and cheap.
...for the fact that it is 60°, when it could be only 30°.
...for the fact that I have an education that provides me with a means to succeed
...for the fact that I am able to afford (sort of) to further that education and learn to do something I truly love.
...for pumpkin pie, because Thanksgiving isn't the same without it.
...for significant others in the lives of those that I love, because you've made her life so much better, and you made the inner her that we all love come back to us.
...for my co-workers, because they make the workday go just a little bit faster.
...for facebook and myspace, believe it or not, because they've made it possible to reunite with old friends, and to meet new ones.
...for Thanksgiving leftovers, because nothing is like turkey and gravy with mashed potatoes over one of Aunt Roxanne's homemade rolls the next day. MMMM. (I seriously look forward to this almost more than the actual dinner itself)
...for Northwest Airlines and Delta Airlines, because they make it possible for me to spend the holidays this year with my family.
...for love, because it really does make the world go 'round.
...for the bad things in my life, because they make it possible to truly appreciate the amazing things and people that I DO have.

What are YOU thankful for?

MsButterfli

first, to be alive and healthy
that my mom is also alive and healthy who lives around the corner from me
for God to have blessed me with a very loving boyfriend and now a little one im anxiously waiting to met in March
smiles.gif

that ive paid off substantial debt this year
that i still have a job (working for the city helps)
being the first in my family to graduate college ('99)
that morning sickness finally subsided..i think lol
that i found Speckta
smiles.gif

that i was born with common sense (think bout those u encounter without it lol)

i'll add more later lol preggo brain gettin me now lol

TISH1124

I am Most Thankful for:

1) God, My Lord and Savior
2) Health, Happiness and Prosperity
3) My son, My Family, My Friends and many other Loved ones
4) I am thankful and blessed that I have a Husband that loves and supports me though any decision I make good or bad. He is the best father, friend and confident that I could ever have asked God to bless me with. He is a wonderful provider and he spoils my son and I both with not only material things but with more love than we could have ever thought possible.
5) I am blessed to have the best parents in the world ...for that I am thankful.
6) I am thankful to God and blessed every single morning that I wake up feeling bad or good that I can still take a breath, and be able to enjoy the day with my husband and son.
7) I am thankful that we have shelter, warm clothing and food every single day. Basic necessities that everyone has not been afforded.
8) I am thankful that my grammy lived long enough to watch me walk down the aisle and marry the man of my dreams 2 years ago yesterday!
9) I am Thankful that I feel for once in my country that my vote counted.
10)Thankful for all the wonderful people that I have met here on Specktra!

There are so many people, things, events and memories that I am thankful for ...I could not begin to list them all.

Great thread!!

Oh adding...I am so Thankful for the CCO.....It has really made my husband's dollars stretch farther towards my MAC collection!!

makeba

this question was asked by my 4yr old daughter to her 6yr old brother just the other day and he said he was thankful for Turkey! she then said she was thankful for Cookies!! lol. so i am sooo thankful for them and the way they make me laugh. I am also thankful for
my 13yr old son who get no less than a 3.7 gpa. Emory Univ here he comes!
family, friends and MAC makeup!!!!

Shadowy Lady

1. The best husband ever, always puts me first and has the magic ability to make me laugh no matter what
2. My parents for raising me to be the person I am and for their continuing support.
3. My two sisters, we've been through so much together
4. My other family (my friends)
5. Health
6. My always challenging job

There's more but these are the main ones

lindsaycoe

I am thankful that I have a job. I keep seeing so many of our customers who are looking for work because they were laid off.

CantAffordMAC

I am thankful for God
Im thankful for my beautiful family, my few good friends, and all of those who look out for me and truly care for me. Im thankful for having jobs, having a roof over my head, and having money and food.

Im just thankful for everything. Im just happy to be alive.
heart.gif

purrtykitty

I'm thankful for my family and friends, I'm thankful for my health, I'm thankful I'm employed and have a job I'm really enjoying, and I'm thankful I have food on my table, clothes in my closet, money in my pocket, and I'm thankful for you all!!
heart.gif

aleksis210

I am thankful for:
family, especially my boyfriend=bestfriend
sight
faith
happiness
and most of all, just being able to live.

NicksWifey

I'm thankful for God, I'm thankful for my family and my animals, I'm thankful for Nick, I'm thankful for having my thyroid surgeries behind me and having my thyroid cancer diagnosed while I was still young and getting that shit outta me, I'm thankful for all of my DRs over the last few months, I'm thankful for my car because it gets me from point A to point B everyday, I'm thankful for my jobs and I'm thankful for my education.

rbella

I'm thankful for my family, for having a job, for loving my husband some much and he loving me back, for Dr. Peppers (although they have ruined me), for my mother recovering from pneumonia, for all my true friends that I have met here, for FiFi peeing in her litterbox now and for always winning at Go-Fish when I play against my husband.

***I'm also thankful for pain pills because they rock although currently I don't have any.***

xxManBeaterxx

I'm thankful for my friends and amazing family. I'm thankful i live in a place where food and water is everywhere and i dont have to live in fear. I'm thankful for my health and my familys health. I'm thankful and i feel extremely blessed to be pregnant with twins. I'm thankful for my career and being 1 year away from graduating and that my husband still has a job. I'm thankful for having such a great husband and a beautiful daughter. I'm thankful for the guy upstairs who has given me the strengh and courage to grow up and take chances over the very difficult years since being a teen mom. I feel very very fortunate for everything I have and earned.

coachkitten

I am thankful for:

1. God
2. My family and friends
3. My animals & all other animals
4. That I have a good job that is stable
5. My health and the good health of those around me
6. That I have a roof over my head
7. Kind people

I have a lot of other things that I am thankful for but these are the most important.

AngelBunny

- the God that answers my prayers, even if it isn't the answer I asked for.
- my children ... they have been the best thing that I could ever have asked for in my life, and I am thankful everyday that the docs that told me I couldn't have kids were wrong
- the man that puts up with me ... even though I can be an expensive cold-hearted bitch at times
- the job that pays the bills, even if it does send me into therapy
- my students ... all 657 of them are special in their own way and I wouldn't change any of them ... most days
greengrin.gif

- my family ... as big and loud and crazy as it is
- my father, who has been the best father I could have ever asked for and has made sacrifices for my sister's and I that I still do not understand
- my grandmother ... who at 78 watched my children everyday and took us into her home for three years so that I could finish college and give them a better life
- my country, and the people who give their time and lives to protect it, including my best friend
- my makeup ... because without it I would look like a train wreck on a daily basis
- my health ... because I have come to realize that you always take it for granted until you don't have it anymore
- my friends, including those I have met here like Tish ... because without you my main source of conversation would be from two toddlers

Great thread! Really makes you stop and think ... Happy Holidays ladies and gents!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBunny
- - my friends, including those I have met here like Tish ... because without you my main source of conversation would be from two toddlers

Great thread! Really makes you stop and think ... Happy Holidays ladies and gents!

AHHH I am Thankful I met you too!!! My bank account isn't but my heart is!!
heart.gif
heart.gif

Latest posts