What do you think????

MsChrys79

Ok, I live in a condo with my significant other and I am killing the bathroom with beauty products....we don't have much space in the bedroom (because it's a condo) and I thought of taking a bakers rack similar to the one in the pic and removing the very bottom shelf and the wine rack and use it as a vanity......Any thoughts??

bakersrack.jpg

COBI

I would only caution you that the bottom shelf adds stability to the entire structure.

By removing it, in most cases, the whole thing will become less stable, more wobbly, and possibly tip, etc.

MsChrys79

Thanks guys!! I really didn't think about that I'm glad you did....LOL!! can you imagine what it would have been like......WHEW!

mizuki~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChrys79
Do you have pics of your vanity???

I took the pic literally a minute ago so it's a mess (and its not completely done)! But just to give you an idea of how simple it is to have a place to do your makeup:
ghettovanity.jpg

*ignore that ghetto ass cardboard in back of the mirror..haven't had time to nail it to the wall so it's propped up with cardboard lol*
I was going to go with a shelf idea but thought I'd have too much stuff so my dad made a table for me.
Piece of cake. All you need is a desk, a chair, a mirror, & organizers!
greengrin.gif
Oh and of course your makeup lol

MacAddict_Sami

I like your thinking... It reminds me alot of my self made vanity... It's literally a mirror, a small table and some drawers for mine
smiles.gif

mae13

If you have a smallish space (say about three feet to work with), take a look at the Vika series from Ikea. You can mix a table top, a couple of legs and a drawer unit as one side of the supporting 'leg' and you can have a small but very functional vanity for about 100$. You can add a mirror and some storage drawers on top. Depending on your space, you can even put the taller drawer unit to the side for more storage, or a couple of Helmer units with the casters taken off if you want to stack them.

If a 100$ is too much, you can also get just the table with regular legs (35$) and throw in a Helmer drawer unit (39$) to coast underneath.

IKEA | Search result

(This is what I just picked up today, actually, since I've been spread out between bathroom drawers, dresser drawers and 2 traincases, and have very limited room as far as adding more furniture goes.)

winkietoe

I have little space as well for all my goodies. I ended up making a little vanity type thing on my dresser
smiles.gif

Latest posts