What does "sample" mean on a lipstick tube?

iheartcolor

I purchased a tube of lipstick off eBay (reputable seller) and on the box and on the tube sticker is has the name of the color and then it says "Sample".

What does this mean? Was it like a promo item?

Thanks!

Lauren

purrtykitty

I think so, that or it was part of a batch that was the working sample before the color was actually released. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

iheartcolor

So do you think that the "Sample" color and the officially released color are or could be different?

Again, many thanks!

-Lauren

purrtykitty

It could be the same color as an officially released color, but the color released may have a different name. Or it could be that MAC scrapped the plans to release the color, and you have yourself a special release! It's really hard to tell sometimes. I have a lipglass that says "Sample" but I've yet to find a lipglass that matches that color.

MAC_Whore

The items marked Sample are for products in development. They go to the Pro team, artists working on shows, MAC MA trainers, giveaways to media, etc. As previously stated, sometimes the name on the sample label is a WN (working name) and the final product may be called something different when and if they release it with a collection.

What colour did you get?

iheartcolor

It is "Out to Shock". The color just looks different than the description - it doesn't seem very 'frosty' or have a lot of silver pearl to me. I really like kinda obnoxious colors, but I feel like this just isn't the right shade of obnoxious on me
winks.gif

-Lauren

iheartcolor

Right - but I just got it a little bit ago and was just wanting to double-check what "Sample" meant.
smiles.gif

-Lauren

Latest posts