What is the going rate for used makeup?

AshleyDanielle

Hey Girls!
I am new and I would like to know what the going rate is for used, or previously owned makeup?

Now I know LE things obviously vary in price, but I am wondering, is there like a certain percentage off the retail that used makeup sells for? Or is it pretty much up the the seller? I just dont want to get jipped.

I have bought a few E/S from a friend and she sold me a parrot for $4 (I have come to learn that Parrot is a HTF e/s and so I am not expecting a deal like that again) I am just wondering....especially for pigments and e/s what is the going rate of used MAC products?

Thanks in advance!!!

NeonKitty

Have a look in the for sale and swap thread in the clearance bin, and you will quickly get an idea for what these items go for.

AshleyDanielle

I can't access the clearance bin yet,I have more than 20 posts and I think I have been a member for 5 days, Or do I have to ask permission to see it?

TISH1124

No you don't have to ask permission as soon as you meet the forum requirements you will be able to see the Clearance Bin

AshleyDanielle

Thanks...lol I guess I will just have to be patient
ssad.gif

akcmommy

Personally, I think that the prices for USED makeup are ridiculous here. You can buy NEW stuff at the CCO cheaper many times. Not to mention, you run the risk of counterfeit items or being swaplifted/or $$ stolen. It's just better to buy brand new in a store.

Good luck.

AshleyDanielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcmommy
Personally, I think that the prices for USED makeup are ridiculous here. You can buy NEW stuff at the CCO cheaper many times. Not to mention, you run the risk of counterfeit items or being swaplifted/or $$ stolen. It's just better to buy brand new in a store.

Good luck.

Thanks mama
smiles.gif

Is the selection at CCO random...or do they always have the permanent colors? I have never heard of CCO until this board. I just would hate to drive an hour away to find like 1 mac thing.

TISH1124

CCO has a lot of the perm items but the majority of their stuff is Overstock, LE or disontinued/ past collections...You can find some really good deals in the Clearance Bin...but Agreed alot of the items can be over priced as well....depends on what the seller paid for it...and it may be worth more to them than to you...I have found great deals .. I skip over the not so great ones

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDanielle
Thanks...lol I guess I will just have to be patient
ssad.gif

Forum Guidelines:

Users with under 20 posts and who have been registered for less than 5 days will not have access to view or use the clearance bin.

hth

Latest posts