What kinda vehicle do YOU drive?/What's your dream car?

shea_47

Hey everyone! My old Nissan Altima, (known to my parents as Baby Car and to my friends as the Tin Terror) died today. I cleaned it out and am selling the dead vehicle to a kid who likes to tinker with cars...since I am so broke I'm even leaving my Bose stereo deck in there 'cause it's $129 to get it removed :/

This got me thinking about cars and future vehicle options and I was wondering, what kind of vehicles do you drive? Or if you don't have a vehicle, how do you get around?

IMG_5539.jpg

I think my next vehicle is going to be a Nissan Rogue (S AWD) or a Kia Soul...or maybe the Nissan Cube. Those Cubes are so ugly that they're cute!

Lambchop

I drive a 2007 Jeep Patriot. I like it, it's cute and fully loaded. This year for my birthday though DH is getting me a Pontiac Solstic *swoon*. I've wanted one since I learned to drive and I'm so sick of driving a mommy SUV.

moopoint

I have my handy bus pass! It's $75 a month, but it gets me where I need to go. I so can't afford a vehicle... I can barely afford food. I manage to buy makeup though... Priorities I guess haha.

mtrimier

I have a Saturn VUE. I heard the Kia's have terrible resale value, but I like the commercial for their Soul SUV.

The Solstice is nice, but I think my dream car would be any car that is paid off! I don't have long until my car (I call it The Blue Shawty) is officially mine, though.
smiles.gif

joey444

I drive a 2008 Honda Odessey....yes...a minivan...lol. I NEVER imagined myself in one but honestly, with a three year old and a 10 month old, it's very practical. The space is great, we go to Disney at least three times a year, and most of the time my family (mom, dad and sisters) are tagging along so for right now, it's the most convenient. As far as my dream car, I like luxury cars so it would be a pimped out BMW or Mercedes.

shea_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambchop
I drive a 2007 Jeep Patriot. I like it, it's cute and fully loaded. This year for my birthday though DH is getting me a Pontiac Solstic *swoon*. I've wanted one since I learned to drive and I'm so sick of driving a mommy SUV.

I was looking at the Patriot online, it's really cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moopoint
I have my handy bus pass! It's $75 a month, but it gets me where I need to go. I so can't afford a vehicle... I can barely afford food. I manage to buy makeup though... Priorities I guess haha.

Haha, too true! Are the transit lines good where you live? The ones here are absolutely terrible, but I get to the bus pass included on my university student card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrimier
I have a Saturn VUE. I heard the Kia's have terrible resale value, but I like the commercial for their Soul SUV.

Ohh, I never thought about resale value...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey444
I drive a 2008 Honda Odessey....yes...a minivan...lol. I NEVER imagined myself in one but honestly, with a three year old and a 10 month old, it's very practical. The space is great, we go to Disney at least three times a year, and most of the time my family (mom, dad and sisters) are tagging along so for right now, it's the most convenient. As far as my dream car, I like luxury cars so it would be a pimped out BMW or Mercedes.

I don't think many people dream of driving a minivan, but practicality is key in a vehicle for sure. It's definitely a cuter type of van though! There are some really ugly ones out there (my dad's pontiac montana, blegh). Beamers and Mercedes are yummy cars for suree

TISH1124

^^^ yeah none of our cars were pimp cars either ...at least I know mine aren't....I try to leave them as standard as possible

ClaireAvril

I have a 2003 honda civic lx-d .. I bought it on my own when I was about 19 and paid it off.. all by myself and never missed a payment.. can't believe it.

I think the best economical cars on the road are made by Honda, Toyota, and Nissan, and I hate north american cars.
My car is dependable with minimal problems. I hope this summer i can get her a nice interior shampoo, and fix up some of the door dents from the jerks in parking lots.

I would love a BMW 1 or 3 series. Or a Range Rover Please.
I think the crappiest car on the road right now is the Hummer. Absolute garbage. It performs badly and just guzzles gas. Why waste your money?

TISH1124

^^ My husband drives a Range Rover and although it is good to look at ...I hate driving that thing...Doesn't help that he has it dropped/lowered almost to the ground...and it's sitting on 24's

Scion & Lexus=Toyota
Acura=Honda
Infinity=Nissan
Land Rover=Ford
Mercury & Lincoln=Ford
Volvo=Ford
GMC=GM (General Motors)
Chevy=GM
Saturn=GM
Mini=BMW
H1,H2,H3=Hummer=GM

TISH1124

^^ I don't agree with that...I had a Ford Explorer and it had 225,000 miles when I traded it in and it was never in the shop for anything but regular maintenance..All makes have their issues

shea_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireAvril
I think the crappiest car on the road right now is the Hummer. Absolute garbage. It performs badly and just guzzles gas. Why waste your money?

Agreed! It's a waste of money and contributes to killing the environment. Plus those things must be a pain in the bum to park. Too wide, too expensive and an uncomfortable ride...all for the status of owning a hummer. Blegh.

peachy pink

i'm driving my dad's ford mondeo or my moms saab 9-3 vert
smiles.gif

but i'd looove to have my own car. someday i'm gonna own a porsche or an aston martin
greengrin.gif
sooomeday!

shea_47

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadoremac
I have a mercedes ML and i would like an audi R8

The ML is really cute! R8's are amaaaaazing though. What colour would you get for the R8? I'm a fan of the dark steel grey, yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by La_Vivi
i'm driving my dad's ford mondeo or my moms saab 9-3 vert
smiles.gif
but i'd looove to have my own car. someday i'm gonna own a porsche or an aston martin
greengrin.gif
sooomeday!

mmm, porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che1zz
I drive a crusty old volvo. its rather embarassing ahah

*giggles to self* by any chance is it silver?....like the an Edward Cullen car? Haha, I swear I'm not a huge fangirl.
And even if it is "crusty", it still works!

Miz Pina

I love my 2005 legend lime mustang but it is cursed.
ssad.gif

Not even 3 months after I bought it brand new, I was hit by a lady that lost control of her recumbent bicycle! She paid to have it fixed but then almost exactly 1 year later, my sister backed into my car in the exact same spot (driver side/rear wheel) and I was sitting in her passenger seat when it happened!! I'll never forget that horrible crumpling sound! I couldn't bear to turn my head to the right and look... I already knew.

Before that I had a 1995 geo prizm. I hated its blandness but get nostalgic for it when I'm filling up the gas tank
smiles.gif

Actually, I'd love to have a Jeep Wrangler but don't think I can stomach another car with such poor gas mileage anymore. I think a Mini Cooper would be a lot of fun, too. Basically, I'd love to have a car that's both rugged & sporty with great gas mileage that doesn't cost the earth to own or insure.
winks.gif

Shadowy Lady

I drive a 2002 Honda Civic. It's extremely common here so it looks boring....haha. I'm proud of it though as I've been driving it for 7 years, I've paid it all off and it's my baby. I don't have a dream car as I'm not willing to give up my baby Civic just yet. When it's time to get a new car I'll think about it
smiles.gif

Latest posts