• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

What Mac products do you wish you didn't rush buy..

Sushi_Flower

because something similar but better then came along after it?

I got my first quad - Inventive Eyes - awhile ago and i like the colours but i think half the reason was because i was excited to see a quad for the first time and it was the most expensive 'colour' purchase i've done in one go and in such haste! I don't regret it but i'm just thinking that maybe a quad i like better might come along some time very soon and i'll regret it then. I guess this might not be an issue for people who always have a substantial disposable income ready to spend on Mac! but it can still be annoying anyway.

Shawna

That's easy. I bought 2 of the pearlizers from belle azure, and I like the MSF's a hundred times better. The pearlizers just shoot me sad little looks now as I apply my shimpagne or porcelain pink MSF.

fairytale22

Probably Sprout: it looked so gorgeous and since it's LE I wanted to get it fast, but I really could work with it. Similar situation with Lucky Green, which I find way too sheer.

user2

Pretty easy for me too: Hipnotique e/s...I bought it off Ebay just because I wanted to buy something MAC-ish and it looked cool! But at home it was just meh....

absolut_blonde

Pink Papillion and Metamorph-- not because I found something better, but because I don't like them at all and never wear them.

Shannyn

I think Prose & Fancy eyeshadow that came out with D'Bohemia.

I thought everything was going to be sold out soon so I bought it in a rush.

When I tried on the eyeshadow it didn't work for me.

eyeshadowfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolut_blonde
Pink Papillion and Metamorph-- not because I found something better, but because I don't like them at all and never wear them.

TOTALLY have to agree with you on Pink Papillion. Also Courtly l/s, Madame B l/s, Moonstone l/g, Hepcat e/s, Hipnotique e/s, Elite e/s, Little Minx e/s, Frostlight f/l, Brassy f/l, Bloomsberry/Tigerlily blush duo, and I think that covers all of it!

Scrangie

Pretty much all of D'Bohemia and Belle Azure. *sigh* I get so panicky when LE things come out! lol.

AlliSwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeshadowfreak
TOTALLY have to agree with you on Pink Papillion. Also Courtly l/s, Madame B l/s, Moonstone l/g, Hepcat e/s, Hipnotique e/s, Elite e/s, Little Minx e/s, Frostlight f/l, Brassy f/l, Bloomsberry/Tigerlily blush duo, and I think that covers all of it!

I third Pink Papillon. It's so chalky! But I looooove Metamorph, I just rarely use it...maybe tomorrow I'll give it some stage time. I gotta disagree with BB/TL blush duo, I think it's better than the MSFs! Eeep, don't anybody shoot me!

Shine

I regret buying so many pink MAC eye shadows. I think I have 3 dozen pink MAC eye shadows- between palettes, pots, pans, and LE eye shadows (i.e. Angelcake, Pink Papillon, Sweeten Up). I regret it because I could have spent all that money to experiment with different colors that I don't have a lot of- blues, greens, grays. I also regret it because I know I could have just gotten a handful of pink eye shadows and still be happy with them since so many of the colors I have are similar. But since I like pink eye shadow, I feel like I have to buy every LE pink e/s shade MAC that comes out. Anyone else do this with other colors?

veilchen

A shimmersouffle from Adorn ... I wanted to like it so badly but it's just plain gritty glitter and I've come to realize that I'm just more into subtle shimmer ...

MissJA

The "All over Glosses"- I brought two, but I've never used them, they just don't work well with my skin and are too greasy

Hyper Real bronze- Same as with the all over gloss- never used them

This was last year when I first started buying make up, I'm more selective about what I buy now, and nothing else has really disappointed me.

mjalomo

Bare Venus lipstick. I saw it sold out on the MAC website, so I bought it the day it was released at the Foley's counter. When I tried it on, I looked like I ate chalk. I bought dubonnet with it on impulse, and I love dubonnet.

magenta

the tailormade brush sets.

i love them, but the holiday sets are so cute! i may buy one anyways, to double up on the brushes. i love the short handles!

ruby_soho

I wish I hadn't boughten Freshwater. I have no idea how to use it really because it looks terrible with my eyecolour.