What to pair with MAC Cranberry e/s?

friedargh

Heya
smiles.gif

For a smoky look you could try putting cranberry all over the lid, and then put a matte dark brown (maybe espresso) in the inner corner, outer corner and in the crease. Also put the dark brown under the lower lash line and a gold near the tear duct. Then blend out the crease with something like patina.

Also, as a lot of people have said cranberry can go well with golds. Perhaps try using bronze (looooove) on the inner two thirds of the lid, cranberry on the outer third and something matte and dark purple/plum on the crease?

HTH! Good luck
greengrin.gif

dopista

Hi... I had a hard time trying to wear cranberry as well... IMO the same colour combinations may be flattering on one skintone but not so much on another. I found this blog post helpful on temptalia
"8 Ways to Wear MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow

1. All over the lid. Wear Cranberry eyeshadow all over the lid for a really dramatic look. Sweep a darker shade like Shadowy Lady, Nocturnelle, or even Carbon eyeshadow into the crease to really add drama Use a fluffy crease brush to add smokiness. Highlight with a pink-tinged highlighter like Hush.

2. Paint a sunset. Apply Goldmine eyeshadow to the inner half of the lid with an eyeshadow blush like the 239. Apply Amber Lights eyeshadow to the outer half of the lid with the same brush. Brush Cranberry eyeshadow into the crease using a fluffy crease brush. Highlight with a white-gold highlighter like Nylon eyeshadow.

3. Mix it with purples. Apply Digit eyeshadow all over the lid, then apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow to the outer third of the lid. Apply Cranberry eyeshadow to the outer crease, lightly, with a fluffy crease brush. Try using Hush eyeshadow as a highlighter.

4. As a liner. Kick up a traditional gray/silver smoky eye by smudging your lower lash line with a black kohl and Cranberry eyeshadow. Apply the black kohl first, then use a smudging brush like the 214, and smudge Cranberry eyeshadow over it. Highlight with a neutral color like Shroom eyeshadow.

5. Kick up browns. Apply a warm-brown like Arena eyeshadow all over the lid. Overlay the outer half-to-third of the lid with Amber Lights eyeshadow with the 239 brush. Gently swish Cranberry eyeshadow into the crease. Highlight with a soft shade like Jest eyeshadow.

6. On the lid, not in the crease. Begin by applying Honesty eyeshadow to the inner third of the lid. Apply Cranberry eyeshadow to the middle third of the lid with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. On the outer lid, apply Bronze eyeshadow, and then blend into crease to darken the look. Highlight with a soft shade like Ricepaper eyeshadow.

7. Overlay. Apply Goldmine eyeshadow all over the lid with an eyeshadow blending brush like the 239. Continue by applying Cranberry eyeshadow to the outer half of the lid. Overlay the middle portion of the lid with Amber Lights eyeshadow. Highlight with Motif eyeshadow.

8. With pinks. Apply Da Bling eyeshadow to the inner third of the lid, followed by Expensive Pink eyeshadow on the middle third of the lid. Use Cranberry eyeshadow on the outer third of the lid, and then lightly drag into crease. Darken crease with a deep brown like Satin Taupe eyeshadow. Finish by highlighting with a neutral color like Shroom eyeshadow."

HTH!

co_quette

i love tempting or woodwinked on the lid with cranberry in the crease. it's a nice pop of color without being too much for wimps like me.

Mabelle

cranberry looks great with colours like sketch, amber lights, motif, melon pig, bronze, antiqued, french cuff, fig. 1, 1000 stokes or folie, emabrk, romp

it looks good with most colours that have a red undertone

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopista
Hi... I had a hard time trying to wear cranberry as well... IMO the same colour combinations may be flattering on one skintone but not so much on another. I found this blog post helpful on temptalia
"8 Ways to Wear MAC Cranberry Eyeshadow

1. All over the lid. Wear Cranberry eyeshadow all over the lid for a really dramatic look. Sweep a darker shade like Shadowy Lady, Nocturnelle, or even Carbon eyeshadow into the crease to really add drama Use a fluffy crease brush to add smokiness. Highlight with a pink-tinged highlighter like Hush.

2. Paint a sunset. Apply Goldmine eyeshadow to the inner half of the lid with an eyeshadow blush like the 239. Apply Amber Lights eyeshadow to the outer half of the lid with the same brush. Brush Cranberry eyeshadow into the crease using a fluffy crease brush. Highlight with a white-gold highlighter like Nylon eyeshadow.

3. Mix it with purples. Apply Digit eyeshadow all over the lid, then apply Stars ‘n Rockets eyeshadow to the outer third of the lid. Apply Cranberry eyeshadow to the outer crease, lightly, with a fluffy crease brush. Try using Hush eyeshadow as a highlighter.

4. As a liner. Kick up a traditional gray/silver smoky eye by smudging your lower lash line with a black kohl and Cranberry eyeshadow. Apply the black kohl first, then use a smudging brush like the 214, and smudge Cranberry eyeshadow over it. Highlight with a neutral color like Shroom eyeshadow.

5. Kick up browns. Apply a warm-brown like Arena eyeshadow all over the lid. Overlay the outer half-to-third of the lid with Amber Lights eyeshadow with the 239 brush. Gently swish Cranberry eyeshadow into the crease. Highlight with a soft shade like Jest eyeshadow.

6. On the lid, not in the crease. Begin by applying Honesty eyeshadow to the inner third of the lid. Apply Cranberry eyeshadow to the middle third of the lid with a fluffy eyeshadow brush. On the outer lid, apply Bronze eyeshadow, and then blend into crease to darken the look. Highlight with a soft shade like Ricepaper eyeshadow.

7. Overlay. Apply Goldmine eyeshadow all over the lid with an eyeshadow blending brush like the 239. Continue by applying Cranberry eyeshadow to the outer half of the lid. Overlay the middle portion of the lid with Amber Lights eyeshadow. Highlight with Motif eyeshadow.

8. With pinks. Apply Da Bling eyeshadow to the inner third of the lid, followed by Expensive Pink eyeshadow on the middle third of the lid. Use Cranberry eyeshadow on the outer third of the lid, and then lightly drag into crease. Darken crease with a deep brown like Satin Taupe eyeshadow. Finish by highlighting with a neutral color like Shroom eyeshadow."

HTH!

Thanks! Already saw this post, and I've been wanting to try out a few of these combo's already
smiles.gif

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by co_quette
i love tempting or woodwinked on the lid with cranberry in the crease. it's a nice pop of color without being too much for wimps like me.

I tried that but it makes me look very washed out and dead.. maybe I should try a more gold color as some people recommended haha
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

I haven't worn Cranberry much lately, but one of the combos I used to wear a lot was Pink Freeze on the lid, Trax in the crease, and Cranberry in the outer V.

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiestyFemme
I haven't worn Cranberry much lately, but one of the combos I used to wear a lot was Pink Freeze on the lid, Trax in the crease, and Cranberry in the outer V.

That sounds pretty! I've never thought of using Trax and Cranberry together.

Boasorte

this is good, very good suggestions. I also have Rust ( NYX) that is like Cranberry, and haven't worn it in a looooooooong time

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
this is good, very good suggestions. I also have Rust ( NYX) that is like Cranberry, and haven't worn it in a looooooooong time

You should! I tried it with Sketch yesterday, and it looked gorgeous
smiles.gif

ForgetRegret

I did this the other night, I apologize for the poor picture quality, but I used Cranberry all over my lid, Beauty Marked in the crease, and kept darkening it for my outer V..also used it to line my lower lashline, and used Provence pigment as a highlight (although something like Vanilla would work too, or whatever else you have, as long as it's got a goldish hue to it). My phone doesn't take the best pics, so the colors don't quite look as nice as they did in person...hope this helps some!
Attachment 10148
Attachment 10147

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForgetRegret
I did this the other night, I apologize for the poor picture quality, but I used Cranberry all over my lid, Beauty Marked in the crease, and kept darkening it for my outer V..also used it to line my lower lashline, and used Provence pigment as a highlight (although something like Vanilla would work too, or whatever else you have, as long as it's got a goldish hue to it). My phone doesn't take the best pics, so the colors don't quite look as nice as they did in person...hope this helps some!
Attachment 10148
Attachment 10147

That looks pretty! Its sorta similar to what I did with Cranberry&Sketch&Vanilla
smiles.gif

User42

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdolll
Cranberry on top of Folie is AMAZING!!! Pair it w/ some sketch in the crease.. & BAM!
winks.gif

I wore Cranberry on the lid, vanilla on the inner corner and as highlight and Sketch in the crease today, got a lot of compliments on it
smiles.gif

I still want to get Folie so when I have it I'll try it
winks.gif