What was your biggest MAC accident?

SmokeSignal16

Yeah it's got it's good and bad moments, traffic being a pain since no one knows how to drive around there! Gay strip I take it in the Oak Lawn area? lol

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeSignal16
Yeah it's got it's good and bad moments, traffic being a pain since no one knows how to drive around there! Gay strip I take it in the Oak Lawn area? lol

Sounds familiar, Oak Lawn maybe. Are there others? Better?

Goat Goat Etc.

Just had another accident recently, made me minutes late to an engagement:

Opened up my palette of reds, pinks, mauves, and oranges. My barely used newish Off The Page e/s decided to remove its whole top layer in one thin, barely untouched surface and settle on top of another shadow. I had to crack and alcohol my once beautiful shadow into a mush.
noworry.gif

soveryfabulous

OMG that's horrible, I can't imagine how sad that'd make me if it happened.

The worst accident I had was when I had my friend over and let her use my MAC to do her makeup before we went out. She dropped one of my 15 pan palettes and my Crystal eye shadow shattered and a chip came out of another one. I was sad and have become wary of letting friends get their hands on my stuff again!

ThePowderPuff

crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif

MAC in Lillyland never came to Denmark, so a friend of mine in the states got all the cremeblends for me and a friend. He sent it to me (along with my new Marc Jacobs bag by the way, which is a whole other story) but the night before I picked it up at the post office, some people broke in to the post office and stole our package along with several others. They are insured, so I'll get my money, but now the cremeblends are sold out everywhere, and I can't get replacements for me or my friend
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif
I happened yesterday and I'm still not over it
crybaby.gif
crybaby.gif

murflegirl

Gosh you guys. I can't even get over this right now.

SO, I'm at college. My little sister (17) was playing with the makeup I'd left at home. More importantly, the LIGHTSCAPADE I'd left at home. She dropped it, and not knowing it could be salvaged, threw it away. The garbage man came yesterday, so I know it's gone for sure.

I'm deeevvvaaaastaaatedddd..
Trying to buy/swap for a new one is going to be REALLY interesting.
ssad.gif
At least she's paying for it and gave me no limit!

Goat Goat Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soveryfabulous
OMG that's horrible, I can't imagine how sad that'd make me if it happened.

The worst accident I had was when I had my friend over and let her use my MAC to do her makeup before we went out. She dropped one of my 15 pan palettes and my Crystal eye shadow shattered and a chip came out of another one. I was sad and have become wary of letting friends get their hands on my stuff again!

Ah, I lent my MUFE 92 e/s to my aunt who has just absolutely no idea about makeup but loves purple...she got plenty of drops of water on it. I had to buff away the hard spots so much.

obscuria

I was unpacking on the table and my stereo rose MSF popped out when I was pulling out some clothes and broke all over my floor.

I don't curse much, but I found a series of expletives coming out of my mouth.

I still have the big chunks of it...but it's just not the same.
ssad.gif

Kirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by obscuria
I was unpacking on the table and my stereo rose MSF popped out when I was pulling out some clothes and broke all over my floor.

I don't curse much, but I found a series of expletives coming out of my mouth.

I still have the big chunks of it...but it's just not the same.
ssad.gif

Noooo, what is it with HTF MSF's this week, they are all breaking.
It's a conspiracy

soveryfabulous

Quote:
Originally Posted by murflegirl
Gosh you guys. I can't even get over this right now.

SO, I'm at college. My little sister (17) was playing with the makeup I'd left at home. More importantly, the LIGHTSCAPADE I'd left at home. She dropped it, and not knowing it could be salvaged, threw it away. The garbage man came yesterday, so I know it's gone for sure.

I'm deeevvvaaaastaaatedddd..
Trying to buy/swap for a new one is going to be REALLY interesting.
ssad.gif
At least she's paying for it and gave me no limit!

That's horrible! nice of her to offer to pay for a replacement, but I have seen them going for crazy amounts on eBay!

obscuria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsty
Noooo, what is it with HTF MSF's this week, they are all breaking.
It's a conspiracy

I hope not
ssad.gif

Or else I'll just have start doing my makeup in a padded room. Insane asylum, here I come.

January

I've had a couple of accidents...

First depot, I decided on Shale because at the time, I didn't really like the color (now it's one of my favorites!). I went to pop it out, and it went flying out and skidding across my kitchen floor where it was stopped by a chair. It survived (what a tough little eyeshadow!) with only a teeny tiny little chip on the side.

I dropped Smoke and Diamonds, and I picked it up and it looked fine. The next day half the eyeshadow looked caved in... it was weird. I kind of smother it out with a brush and it looks okay now, just looks like I've used it quite a bit on one side.

Yesterday I almost had the worst accident yet. I've set up a make up desk, and I keep my eyeshadow palettes on a pull out shelf thing under the desk. Well, the shelf thing decided to just break yesterday throwing all my palettes on the ground. Some even opened and in my neutral palette (where I took out the divider), they all went spilling across the floor... and some down the heat register!
ssad.gif

It was like accounting for the missing for the next half hour... "okay I have Sable... where is Handwritten?? Vanilla is still missing." Haha, eventually I found them all, and a few had tiny nicks in them, but nothing too serious.l

shontay07108

When I first began depotting shadows, I put a hole in the middle of Off The Page. It still bothers me when I look at that palette. I have yet to use the shadow, but it just doesn't look good. A small whole straight through the middle. Ugh.

murflegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by soveryfabulous
That's horrible! nice of her to offer to pay for a replacement, but I have seen them going for crazy amounts on eBay!

Luckily, I was able to buy a new one from a lovely LJ seller for pretty cheap--and it had less usage than the first. I love the makeup community, we look out for each other when we can
th_worship.gif

AmberElizabeth

One of my ferrets made off with a MAC 217... Don't know when though. I moved the drawers out from under my vanity last night to vacuum and I found in laying in the corner! Little teeth marks in the handle and the bristles were obviously chewed on because they were yucky lol. I have at least 7 or 8 of the 217 brush, so I guess I won't miss one. I'm more amazed than mad though... I don't know how they managed to get up onto my vanity, but it must have been a lot of work lol. Come to think of it, this is the third or fourth time a makeup-related accident has involved one of my little fuzzies. I should probably keep them out of my bedroom!

They get into my purse if I leave it on the floor and pull out my lipglasses and hide them. I'm always finding them under the couch or one of their "hiding spots" lol! At least they don't chew on those!

dxgirly

Ahh this thread is actually painful to read!

Luckily I have never had a MACcident. *knock on wood*

Cydonian

So to preface this, my boyfriend is decently interested in my makeup. He likes to watch me put it on (he calls it art) and really likes certain colors on me.

So, him and I are in our local CCO (cosmetics outlet for anyone who doesn't know/have one nearby) playing around with the Mac makeup. I finally got my 3D silver glitter that I had been lusting after, walk out happily and get into the car.

I'm on my cell phone and turn to see him playing in my makeup bags... no big deal. I turn away and look back a few minutes later after I hear him mutter some expletive... and he is absolutely covered in my glitter. He has dumped the entire jar on himself, no exaggeration.

I freak out and am like, OMG that was FIFTEEN DOLLARS (or whatever it was)... and he just grins at me and says, "You like Edward, don't you?"

He was SPARKLING, literally, it was all over his arms and hands.

I had to laugh as he is just an idiot. He apologized and bought me a new jar
smiles.gif

That's my story, even though it got resolved!

purrtykitty

^^OMG, that is just too hilarious!!

This could've been a real gooey accident had I not caught it, but the cap of the wand on my Sinnamon Lustreglass completely snapped off at the point where it screws into the tube. In other words, there was a little bit of the cap wrapped around the threaded part and the rest of the cap with the wand was just apart. I have no idea how it happened, as it was just laying in my basket with my other lipglasses, but luckily it hadn't spilled out. Seriously one of the strangest things I've seen.
th_dunno.gif
It's now in the bag for B2Ms.

Princesslisax3

Aww sorry to all of you guys. It happens though =(.

Here's my little mishap. Before I ever had a traincase. I used to store my make-up in a sterile 3 unit drawer thing. I leave it in the bathroom on top of the vanity, I used to get ready in the bathroom b/c the lighting was really good in there. I didn't have enough room to place my two 15 pan palettes. I would always place them on top of the sterile storage thing.

Well my sister shares the bathroom too, & not only thattt ...she uses my make-up too *without permission*. I guess she had placed *more like threw* her bath towel on top of the vanity . It knocked down my palettes!! Only one survives. The one that didn't was the neutral browns and golds palette, which I had just got done filling up! I was so sooo bummed. I actually cried. Then I was left with the palette that had random crazy colors. I couldn't use them on everyday looks. I had to use my Too Faced Neutral kit.

My goodness...I had to start ALL OVER on the neutral palette. I am wayy more careful now.

I think that's the only CONS about having palettes. When I used to drop my pot form e/s, they didn't or never break.

Latest posts